LegacyGT.com

Auto climate control

shaggy

There is no such thing in life as "automatic climate control". I should know...I work in an office with 11 women. Ask them what temp is "automatically comfortable" and you get 11 different answers. Ask them the next day...11 new, and different answers. Every 'auto' system I've had uses the AC way too much...get used to it...or go manual.

I own a WRX, and those boxer engines seem to toss off lots of heat. i cna feel the heat of the engine bay, for instance, when I make a stop at a store, and get back to the car in a short time. Turning on the vent, I feel warm air until the car gets moving again and has adequate cooling air circulating under the hood. I guess the Legacy GT is the same way. That means Subie is still missing the ball on this point, imho. Darryl

[quote name='darryl']I own a WRX, and those boxer engines seem to toss off lots of heat. i cna feel the heat of the engine bay, for instance, when I make a stop at a store, and get back to the car in a short time. Turning on the vent, I feel warm air until the car gets moving again and has adequate cooling air circulating under the hood. I guess the Legacy GT is the same way. That means Subie is still missing the ball on this point, imho. Darryl[/QUOTE] I don't think it's because of the boxer engine gives off any more heat...it probably lies in how the system was designed to begin with.

• 2 weeks later...
My biggest gripe with the ACC is that it grossly overshoots the set temperature on cold mornings. I set for 22C and it goes up to 28 before it starts to slow down and I have seen it peak as high as 31C. So I find myself having to lower the temp setting to make it stop before it gets too hot, at which point it sometimes kick into AC to bring the temp back down. That's anything but automatic.

Archived