LegacyGT.com

My Car = Crashed

Why refurb parts? Are you dealing with insurance, and who do you have?

I would insist on new genuine Subaru parts.

X

+1 on getting new subaru parts.

$5k, damn. That's what mine started out with before it became $11k. Hopefully you have better luck than me & it really is only $5k

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The law requires that they use genuine manufacuter's parts if you request them. Don't let them bully you into using anything less. It sounds like it may already be too late, but you are also not required to take it to the insurance-recommended shop. If anything, I would make sure not to. Also, since the other driver was at-fault (regardless of whether they were avoiding another driver), you should be dealing with their insurance, not yours. Make the claim against their carrier, and avoid your own insurance increasing your rates. You also have a much stronger position dealing with an at-fault driver's insurance. Finally, when it comes time to wrap things up, don't forget about diminished value.
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

So I talked to the body shop again and they will be using all oem parts, it was only like $100 difference. The place I have the car at is a certified shop for both my insurance carrier and the other drivers, infact thier vehicle is there too. I am going ahead with having them order the parts for my car, and will be speaking to the other drivers insurance tommorow. Since my insurance is already involved in this issue I can't really tell them to forget about it, but I can pressure them to fight the other persons insurance to make sure I am not at fault for this. I was in a similar situation 5 years ago, and my rates were not raised because of it. But we will see, I can just drive around with no insurance like 90% of the people here do anyway.

Right, it doesn't matter if you've started a file with your insurance - if they don't have to pay anything in the end, they can't count it against you.
Ich bin echt viel netter, wenn ich nuechtern bin. Echt!

Sorry to hear about your car... That sucks that biznitch cut in front of you like that.. but it wasnt the RE90poos

:lol:

http://www.stimpco.com/carpix/lol2/re92_poster.jpg

If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

Haha, it sucks, but it is not the worst thing, nobody was seriously hurt, it is just a car.

I believe it was Jaguar that coined a phrase stating that the automobile is the most human like creation of man. Im emotionally attached to my automobile.

5k and refurbished parts?? B.S. so far every fender bender my legacy has gotten into has been genuine parts.. its a new car right? i mean not 5 years old... still pretty new so why wud u get old parts?

demand new genuine parts!!!

5k and refurbished parts?? B.S. so far every fender bender my legacy has gotten into has been genuine parts.. its a new car right? i mean not 5 years old... still pretty new so why wud u get old parts?

demand new genuine parts!!!

I am getting new parts now, the referb parts are only like $100 more total, so it seems stupid to me. The only referb parts I am getting are the ac condensor and the radiator which I am not worring about. After talking to him again the price is closer to $4300 now.

Good luck man. It doesn't look too bad so she should drive fine once fixed.

I am not too woried about the drive, more how the fit and finish and paint matching and blending comes out.

I am not too woried about the drive, more how the fit and finish and paint matching and blending comes out.
Yeah, that's the big hassle. I know people who are still working that stuff out from accidents years ago. I'm having something looked at because of that soon too.

My car had similar damages. First estimate was $4700 then added another $1200. I'll find out the total tomorrow when I finally pick it up, after a month in the shop. From what I saw on Saturday, I'm very pleased with the work. Color match and fit is excellent. I now have the aftermarket radiator/condenser mainly for the lifetime warranty.

http://legacygt.com/forums/legacy-photos/35584-deer-1-legacy-0-a.html?highlight=deer

• 2 weeks later...

Ouch. Seeing that reminds me of my accident back in Janurary. Pulled out to cross the turning lane and some punk going 40 in the turning lane tagged me. The estimate from my insurance company was $10,200, and the actual repairs ended up being right around $15500.

The cops didn't ticket anyone either.

http://imyn.net/images/car1.JPG

http://imyn.net/images/car2.JPG

http://imyn.net/images/car3.JPG

Archived