LegacyGT.com

Should I????

SandViper

Ok guy's I am new here to this site.... I am in the delema of a lifetime. I can not seem to choose between the 06 VW GTI and discover my "FAST" or a New GT Limited. All my research, and friends that have VW's show with minor Mods, MAJOR HP gains and the multitude of parts avail for VW is insane... Althought my liking of styling and the Subaru concept aswell as the overall look and feel of the GT makes me lean to the Limited. I have test driven both cars and love them both... I see to get any type of major gains like 450HP out of a GT is a pretty invloved and expensive journey.... What could you say about the GT and if at all possible attach any links to this thread that would show some already completed GT's with big HP yet streetable... After all i am after the Best just like all of you. That is why I ask the Best... You

I have a LGT wagon (5spd) and what is a GTI in a different skin with softer suspension, an Audi A3 (DSG). My LGT is stage II and is much quicker than the A3, but is not nearly as tossable and does not handle as well. It is heavier, larger, but stealthier. It will also be more likely to be more reliable (45k miles now vs. 10k miles on A3). LGT only had minor issues, A3 had none so far.

The A3 is a very different animal, with the DSG and a turbo lagless engine; there is a lot of torque available from 1.5k rpm (almost like a diesel :icon_wink) with a very flat curve. But is not as comfortable, and not as quiet as the LGT. Furthermore, it feels like a much smaller car, yet provides a lot of utility. There is not much torque steer, but it takes a lot of finess not to spin your wheels at take off. Hopefully new DSG A3s will be offered with launch control. With a simple map upload ($600), you can get 250hp and almost 275ft/lb, but good luck putting that down... at that point it will be a highway assassin; quicker than B6 S4!!! :icon_cool Lots of young women love the looks/size of it. And the GTI is even stiffer and handles a lot better than my non-sport packaged A3.

It is extremely difficult to compare the two cars head to head. However, both offer a lot for the price and are very fun to drive, and plenty fast. You can't really go wrong with either. It would in my case come down to AWD vs. FWD. I would like to have them both!!! ... oh wait, I DO! :icon_mrgr

If you want a VW, why not just find a one year old R32. I wouldn't hesitate to say that the R32 AWD has the possibility of making some sick power and it definitly handles much better than a stock new GTI and has more power stock to boot. Just a thought anyhow..... I'd still got with the LGT though. You just can't beat the total package.

Archived