LegacyGT.com

Dunlop Winter Sport M3's at Tirerack

scubie02

I'm guessing they will say the blizzaks perform better, but I have also always heard the blizzaks wear really fast...hard to choose. I'm leaning towards the dunlop's though. They really push the blizzaks, and I hate to say I always wonder if they get a special deal on them or something... I'll also have to check around and see what nokians are selling for...I'm kind of wanting to try out the high performance ones though...

Still waiting for my GT to get here... <sigh> Anyhow, while I'm waiting (1 more week I'm told), I thought I'd post about my previous Nokian WR experiences... I bought a set of Michelin Arctic Alpin's for my wife's protege, and some Nokian WR's for my Nissan Spec-V. Her's were 195/60 and mine were 205/60. In any case, my opinion was that in 75% of cases the Nokian WR's, which are an "all weather tire" (but are still snow certified with the little flake symbol!), were better than the Alpin's which are dedicated winter tires. The only exception was in ice traction where I felt that the alpins were marginally better, but what the hell, if you're on glare ice you're in trouble regardless of whether it takes 900 or 850 feet to come to a complete stop from 50 km/h :-) Take care, Mal. p.s. here in toronto you can get nokian's from 'steelcase tires n' mags'. great shop. they priced out a set of WR's in 215/45/17, with 17" kazera rims (my winter rims) rims, for $1599 canadian, which I think is a pretty good deal considering these aren't cheap tires.

[quote name='scubie02']I'm guessing they will say the blizzaks perform better, but I have also always heard the blizzaks wear really fast...hard to choose. I'm leaning towards the dunlop's though. They really push the blizzaks, and I hate to say I always wonder if they get a special deal on them or something......[/quote] I am willing to bet that Tirerack is Bridgestone's leading winter tire volume dealer in the USA. They certainly push the Blizzak WS50 in their tire packages, even though the WS50 does not get the greatest ratings from Tirerack customers or independent tests.

Archived