LegacyGT.com

Lug nuts for 04 STI BBS wheels

nekdut

Hi all,

I tried to mount up a set of 04 STI BBS wheels today but the mounting surface between the lug nut base and the face of the wheels did not provide much contact using the stock 05 LGT nuts. The shop that was bolting them on agreed, as well as a quick stop to Harman confirmed this. There is another thread that said stated the stock lugs were okay, but this doesn't seem to be the case. Do WRX STi's use different lug nuts than our LGTs? What lugs are you guys using for these rims?

Thanks in advance.

The WRX STi lug nuts are exactly the same. Do the STi wheels have the metal (silver) "washers" inside of the lug holes? If not, that could be your problem.

You can (kinda) see my stock Subaru lug nuts in this photo;

http://www.mcnproductions.com/sti/bigasswing.jpg

-Mike-

Guys, it has nothing to do with the lug nuts. Its the washers. My wheels are missing these washers. The mounting face/point on these rims is not even close to fitting without these in place.

I have no idea why they arent there but I will have to get in contact with the seller of these wheels to find out what the deal is. The wheels are basically useless without these washers. This REALLY SUCKS :(

The area under the washers should be conical/tapered in shape, which should allow the use of the "tuner" style lugs (at least from photos I've seen). Can you take a close-up photo of the center of the wheel for us, and post it?

-Mike-

• 7 months later...

First post! :)

I recently setup my '05 LGT LTD Sedan with BBS STI rims as well using the stock lugs. I didn't have any problems but wanted to invest in some wheel locks since I also just bought new tires (BFG KDW NT 225/45/17). I inquired with Subydude.com about using the Mcgard Spline Drives w/ locks & they told me that they were not suggested for use with factory wheels.

Does anyone know what the ramifications are if I were to use Mcgards?

Archived