LegacyGT.com

Automatic Climate Control

I know the automatic climate control topic has been beated to death, but I just read in Motortrend (or car n driver) that the "Cold then hot..cold then hot" cycle of their long term Legacy's A/C was the result of a incorrectly set RPM sensor. I know that today in MD, when driving, I could feel the air go from cool and crispy to warm and muggy every 15 seconds. At first, It didn't bother me, but recently, its been driving me nuts. Every single passenger in my car has commented on it saying "Is your A/C not working?". I do not have the unit on Automatic and I set the settings myself. Anyone else seen or experienced this? :confused:

I want to beat the climate control to death rather than the topic. Mine does the same thing (every 17 to 20 seconds), but I wouldn't call it warm and muggy, but rather a "noticeably less cool". The funny thing is that when I timed the compressor cycles from outside the car, it cycled at twice the rate as the air temperature changes (every 38 to 40 seconds). :icon_conf:icon_mad::iam:
It is still ugly.

Archived