LegacyGT.com

Good Tuners in the SE

billz74

Hey all,

What have your experiences been like with tuners in the SE? Have you found any that are familiar/experienced with Subarus? I'm looking at having some mods done to my car but just don't have the time to do them myself. I'd really like to find an experienced installer in the SE and am willing to travel 4-5 hours from Sumter, SC to have the work done (Atlanta, Charlotte, Augusta, Myrtle Beach, etc). Thanks!

Bill

I tried one that had a good reputation TopSpeed in Atlanta.

Iamboon & myself had him tune our cars.......they ran like Sh1t afterwords:(

Had TDC send me one of there E-tunes.....much better than close to 3 hours of street tuning by TopSpeed.

Later on Jon with TDC came & tweeked the E-tune with doing a street-tune, the car felt like a totally different car after that:)

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Dale @ Boxer4Racing does street tunes, but he's out by Asheville. Sometimes he will come over to Mooresville and dyno tune at Taylor's Import. If Barry @ Draco Performance ever gets his dyno, he will tune. That's about it in the NC area that i'm aware of.

Kenda:dm:

Wish I would have known about Dale @ Boxer4Racing, I was just up in Asheville 2 weeks ago when I took my Blue Ridge Parkway drive. Oh well, guess I'll have to make another trip up there when I decide to start modding. I could do the installation myself on things like up-pipes and down-pipes, it's more the tune i'm worried about. Don't want to end up like wukindata with a crappy tune and regret ever tearing the car apart in the first place. Man, I really wish I lived in the NE!

Even without actively monitoring the ECU? I mean, I understand that's what the accessport does anyway, just want to have the most efficient tune. Guess that's really the only thing that's been holding me back, that and the warranty of course........ :)

Even without actively monitoring the ECU?

Their "e-Tune" is pretty much "monitoring your ECU by remote." :)

They send you a map, you log, then you resubmit your results for potentially an updated/revised map based on what they see on the log.

It's akin to what a "live" tuner would be doing, except that this is "not real-time."

From what many here report, their e-Tunes are just as good as any's. I'd trust them. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

The Cobb stage II is also a very good base tune. Boxer4racing is great. I get all my stuff through them, as soon as I get time I am going to them for a road tune. Theyve been working on Subies for a long time. They also race and tune them.

• 3 weeks later...

If your in Florida Performance Driven Parts. We can tune anything you got, except we currently do not do Protune yet. If you have the Street Tuner software though we can tune your car no problem. We are looking into picking up the Protuner software in the future but right now there isnt enough demand for it local.

-Matt

Archived