LegacyGT.com

endlinks question

aldouse

ok, its official, i'm going to upgrade my endlinks.

i've searched throughout the forums already and have already come to the conclusion that my endlinks "might" be THE most probably cause to my "clunking" sound issue.

my current setup as follows:

- tein h-tech springs

- perrin 3-hole rsb @ tightest setting

issue:

- clunk sound over dips, bumps, minor potholes, and other road obstacles

most probable solution time being:

- avo rear stabilizer endlinks.

now before i jump the gun and buy the endlinks, i just want to confer w/ you guys if the route i am going to go do right now would be the most economical and sound decision to make? or should i take a look at a different branded endlink? should i cut my bumpstops in the rear? or maybe even different approach to this issue all together?

i'm not really looking to purchase a different rsb setup to solve the clunking so i'm going to deal w/ this setup as much as i could.

any help and advice is greatly much appreciated. thanks.

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

My Perrin rear sway contacted the suspension members over bumps when it was in the center position. I have since moved it to the stiffest and it has lessened the number of clunks but I do still get them. I'd blame the sway bar myself.

I'd blame the sway bar myself.

So would Perrin. At my urging/prodding, they finally redesigned their crapola of a bar. You should check for things that look like this (no endlinks will fix a bad design):

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/PatagonianGT/115-1578_IMG.jpg

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y124/PatagonianGT/pic2.jpg

I agree with subiru that is is likely your your spring change not to endlinks.

Whatever you determine it is please post up and let us know.

not the springs man. There's a known issue with the Perrin 3 hole bar. You will get clunks on the control arm - those pics above are from two different cars. Perrin was replacing them with the new two-hole design...not sure if they still will do that since they only carry a one-year warranty.

Bottom line....a new swaybar won't cost much more than endlinks. ;)

Sorry to hijack, but i got the same problem with my whiteline adjustable....its clunking on the rear driver side. looks like the endlink is loose? or i bent a bolt...would i be better off to go aftermarket links?

I just returned my Whiteline RSB for the clearnace issues. It is not a very good design, and end-links will not solve the problem. Longer end-links on a whiteline makes the bar hit the upper control arm. Stock sized end-links and it hits the lower one.:(

Archived