LegacyGT.com

well the clunk is still there, but

my car has been makin a clunk in the suspension for some reason, i cant feel it, it doesnt effect drivin, and i have no idea what it is now

ive gotten a lot of parts under warranty :)

at first they thought it was the axle not sitting properly in the hub

-new front axles and hubs

then they thought my car was acting like the sti with the strut/bearing plate problem

-new struts and bearing plates

now they think its the control arms

-new control arms on the way

maybe i can convince them to just give me the spec b suspension and call it a day

the BEST part is, they scraped up my front bumper, so im getting a BRAND new bumper, painted, for FREE

the good thing is, mine was kinda sandblasted, and they'll let me just put it on at home :icon_mrgr so i get to keep my old one for track events and long trips n stuff. I'll also rockblock the new one

....but the clunk is still there

• 1 month later...

nope stocker

got the lower control arm replaced, and the sound actually happens more often now ?????????

still doesnt effect drivability

so far:

new hub and axle

new strut and bearing plate

new lca assy.

NOTHING IS WORKING...everything is tight as far as i could tell, i went over every bolt i say with the techs while it was on the lift with a torque wrench

and we unhooked the sway bar and turned it down, and it still did it

What about the H-brace? Have they checked that out to check to see if all the bolts are tight? I had a clunk noise going on and they blamed it on my springs, when on the drivers side the bolts were a tiny bit loose.

wait a tick...on the hbrace, you mean the front crossmember support right? i just checked the two outside bolts where the swaybar bushing is, and they were fairly loose

however, on both sides, only one bolt can be torqued down, the other just kinda keeps spinning...not free spinning, but as if there was a nut on top (which there is not)

ill see if it fixed it

yep, its fixed....hahahahahahaha

Awesome! The dealer tried blaming my damn driver side lowered spring. I took it apart 3 times ... thinking I hadn't put it on correctly ..... glad to hear that its fixed.

Archived