LegacyGT.com

Accelerator pedal firmness

devobuzz

I have been drving my Legacy GT for a few weeks now and one problem I seem to have is that the gas pedal is too soft. Since I have big feet it seems the weight of my foot presses too hard on the gas pedal. THIS IS NOT A JOKE! Heh heh heh. I am getting a cramp in my leg from trying to hold my foot up. Can I adjust this somehow - maybe put a spring under the pedal??? If the car had a regular throttle cable I would have put a bigger return spring on the throttle body but...

[quote name='devobuzz']I have been drving my Legacy GT for a few weeks now and one problem I seem to have is that the gas pedal is too soft. Since I have big feet it seems the weight of my foot presses too hard on the gas pedal. THIS IS NOT A JOKE! Heh heh heh. I am getting a cramp in my leg from trying to hold my foot up. Can I adjust this somehow - maybe put a spring under the pedal??? If the car had a regular throttle cable I would have put a bigger return spring on the throttle body but...[/quote] I did that for the first couple weeks.. I don't even notice it anymore though, especially since I started driving with the drivers seat down lower..

Same issue here. I would like to make it less stiff too but for a different reason - when I accelerate from rest, I often go too fast so I suddenly back off but due to the stiffeness, I back off too much resulting in a sudden drop in acceleration. I'd prefer a smoother/lighter control hence less stiffness.

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='agctr']Another Spring Jedi ?? Is that really possible? Adam.[/quote] When I had my pedal out to swap in the WRX pedals, I noticed that there are two springs on the back to mimic the "feel" of a traditional gas pedal with linkage. I suppose you could put more springs on to increase the firmness.

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='KayGT']eat bananas....it'll take your cramps away.[/quote] This is not a Potassium forum! ;) I wonder what the possibilities of this really are- can you just add another spring or get tighter ones?

Archived