LegacyGT.com

No BBS CHs for Leg GT?

MtnSub

Agctr, I thought you had BBS CHs and had the specs, but I was not asking you to do my research. I can get specs. Your perspective and Xenonk's comments on 18 vs 17s were very helplful. Thanks Given that I drive in SoCal, not a bad pot hole area, and I am going to put tires that will handle our sporadic, but very hard rain storms, I am going to stop worrying about going 18. Really opens up wheel choices. My son's will be happy. They keep telling me how much better 18 look. So it looks like 18/8 BBS REs or SSR GT1s.

Agctr, silver would be my choice, not plasma. I am debating between the classic CHs or RAs. I think both would look great on a silver Leg GT. Thinking Toyo Prox 4s in 225 for tires. I will update when I get price and final fitment info on the wheels from supplier. I assume that a 48 offset for 18x8 wheels is about right. More later,

[quote name='MtnSub']Wheel choice for Leg GT 17/7.5 size is very ltd. BBS CH or RK out. Must go to 18s or RK with 17x7= no 225s on those. [/quote] I have the RKs with F1 GS-D3 225s for my WRX wagon with no rubbing. When I ordered I specifically asked TireRack if they would fit a legacy GT wagon since I plan to upgrade in the next year or so. I was told RKs with 225s would fit. TR may have been wrong, but that is what they told me. That said, I think I have decided the factory GT 17s look better on the Legacy than the RKs. The CHs, on the other hand...I have been admiring those since the days when I was lusting after the S4 :D

Well, I went into American Tire Store also known as Discount Tire to order wheels and actually have them call manuf. to see what wheels are available for Leg GT and it was not pretty. Agctr, you can stop saving for the BBS CHs. No BBS CH or RAs in any size for LegGT, at this time. BBS RGR 17 or 18 x 7.5 BBS RE or RK (similar to CH) 18x8, $495+ shipping at Tirerack, American tire said $610, :twisted: OZ Superleggra 18x8,$350 Speed Star SP1s 17x8 or 18x8, $381 & $411 SSR Comps 17x7.5, $355 SSR GT7s 17x7.5, $409 I assumed I could find sizes in brands and styles I liked that were not on Tirerack site, but I was wrong. Tirerack site seems complete for brands it offers. From list above, OZ 18s, Speed Star 17x7.5 and SSR Comps 17x7.5 look like best choices. SSR Comps might look a little light on Leg GT, IMO. Leg GT Wagon is a bigger car and needs a wheel with some visual weight, not actual weight. BBS REs are darn nice, but cannot get a reasonable price. Yes there are lots of other brands, but it takes lots of calls to dealers to get hard info. BBS prices are so high, even compared to Brabus for BENZ.

Archived