LegacyGT.com

custom 1 off grill

burnin4

my new grill arrived today http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/burnin4/dancingbananapeacesign.gif

I'll post some pics after it's installed.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/burnin4/DSC02628.jpg

looks great where did you buy it from or have it done? and what did it cost

Thanks! I had a good friend custom make this grill. I told him exactly what I wanted, and it came back perfect. He has extensive experience with custom grills.

Thanks! I had a good friend custom make this grill. I told him exactly what I wanted, and it came back perfect. He has extensive experience with custom grills.

why not have your friend make a couple for us, if he can do it for a good price

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

why not have your friend make a couple for us, if he can do it for a good price

he is officially retired. He made dozens of custom grills for the STi community but became extremly overwhelmed with a low profit time consuming job that started as a hobby. Also, the paint shop he deals with prefers to have the actual car local so they can match the paint. I live pretty far from him and rolled the dice with a color match, as well as accepted responsibility if it didnt match up.

here's a pic of my custom STi grill he made.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/burnin4/DSC02407.jpg

he is officially retired. He made dozens of custom grills for the STi community but became extremly overwhelmed with a low profit time consuming job that started as a hobby. Also, the paint shop he deals with prefers to have the actual car local so they can match the paint. I live pretty far from him and rolled the dice with a color match, as well as accepted responsibility if it didnt match up.

here's a pic of my custom STi grill he made.

that sux, :icon_mad: but ya understandable...hell ill take one unpainted...

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

damn.....almost thought you went old school and did gold trim :lol:

:lol: , no gold here, except for the brembos that are going on tomorrow http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v733/burnin4/pepper.gif

wow good looking grill burnin 4. Much better than the stock airplane in the grill look. I would love to change mine out too. I think the stock grill is the weakest part of what is otherwise a handsome ride that hasn't been totally "Alfa'd" out by head of design. Please for '09 make a grill without the airplane b.s. is my wishlist to Subaru....amongst others.

For your car audio/video needs:D

Audio Crafters IS it.

In Pasadena Ca. Arthur rules.

www.audio-crafters.com

very nice...although im not a big fan of the chrome lip, i like the job, looks top notch. If I DIY my grille, I only pray that it comes out half as good as this

p.s: maybe your friend can fill us in on the tricks of the trade to get it perfect or what kind of mesh he used (it looks really good), or the best way to get the emblem onto the mesh

p.s: maybe your friend can fill us in on the tricks of the trade to get it perfect or what kind of mesh he used (it looks really good), or the best way to get the emblem onto the mesh

I forwarded him a link to the thread, maybe he'll speak up and share with others :) . Keep in mind he has made dozens of grills and is over the learning curve. I wouldnt dare try to create my own ( I actually did and it looked like doo doo on my STi).

Archived