LegacyGT.com

Going in on Saturday

I went to drive and check it out today (It finally got here around 3pm). Heres a list of features & MSRP. (Auto w/Sportshift, sunroof, spoiler, cloth interior)

Anyway, im going to go in in the morning and make an initial offer of $21,500 and see where it goes from there

Have Camera...Will Travel

~2007 LegacyGT.com Calendar (October)~

Do NOT make the first offer! The first rule of negotiation is that the first to mention price loses. Did you check out carsdirect.com to get their price? Carsdirect gave me a price of $19,723 + tax for the 2.5i SE with auto and spoiler in my area. As other post says you can generally get $500-$1000 below that. The MSRP for the car is only $24,009 for that car and there is also a $2000 rebate. Don't bother going to the dealer again. Just call or email your sales person, say that you like the car and will be checking with other dealers around the area for the best price. Then ask them to give you their best price and tell them you will get back to them after you check with others. Do NOT mention any pricing point. If they ask you how much you are willing to pay just told them you really don't know. Unless thy are in the $18.5k range I would email other deals for their price. Just remember that there are plenty of other Legacies out their, if they don't want to make you a good deal, WALK.

Wow, I've just discover the "price target" function, thanks chech544.

However, I'm assuming that the target price I get is without the subaru rebates... right?

Also, do you guys have any good things happened while using that for getting a quote? :)

The price from carsdirect includes the $2000 rebate. Carsdirect is really a service that the dealers subscribe to. They are more or less a matching service between the dealers and buyers. They have pre-negotiated price with the dealer and that's the pricing that they give you. Of course if you negotiate directly with the dealer you can get a better deal. I would look at the carsdirect price as the price ceiling instead of target price, since you can always buy the car through them with that price. I actually bought my Celica through them 6-years ago and I was pretty happy with the experience. BTW, I have notice that you generally get the best price through the “internet sales manager” via email request for quotes.

The price from carsdirect includes the $2000 rebate. Carsdirect is really a service that the dealers subscribe to. They are more or less a matching service between the dealers and buyers. They have pre-negotiated price with the dealer and that's the pricing that they give you. Of course if you negotiate directly with the dealer you can get a better deal. I would look at the carsdirect price as the price ceiling instead of target price, since you can always buy the car through them with that price. I actually bought my Celica through them 6-years ago and I was pretty happy with the experience. BTW, I have notice that you generally get the best price through the “internet sales manager” via email request for quotes.

Alright, thanks for the info! I've just sent 7 of those tonight :icon_cool

Update!!!

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b345/Undergr0undAssassins/suby3.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b345/Undergr0undAssassins/suby2.jpg

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b345/Undergr0undAssassins/suby1.jpg

After taking everyone's advice, she came home with me this morning. After all was said and done, I only ended up paying $19,243. Thanks for all the advice guys.

Have Camera...Will Travel

~2007 LegacyGT.com Calendar (October)~

Congrats on the car - she's a beauty (other than the spoiler, but that's subjective)!

2.5i is a good choice. In addition to all the cost of ownership advantages ($4000 initial cost, fuel grade & economy, insurance, turbo reliability & maintenance), the SE has two big material advantages over the GT: cloth seating and a stereo system that can be easily and cleanly upgraded.

Enjoy your new ride.

Archived