LegacyGT.com

Going in on Saturday

I'll be going in on Saturday to negotiate and hopefully purchase my new 2.5 SE. Anyway, I have a few pre-buy questions, what is the going rate/ how much did you pay for yours. I am looking at an 06 2.5 Special Edition and was wondering what they average going rate is. I plan on dropping $5000 at the time of purchase, and hopefully can get it for around $19-20,000 before down payment. Any help is greately appreciated. Thanks

Have Camera...Will Travel

~2007 LegacyGT.com Calendar (October)~

Don't bother visiting the dealers if you have already test driven the car. Just email dealers from subaru.com asking them for a price quote on a car on their lot. Take the best price and ask the other dealers to beat it. You should be able to get low to mid $18k before tax for a 2.5 SE with no options.

Insurance on the LGT actually, isn't that much

It's more than I want to pay thought, lol:lol: Im pretty set on the 2.5SE right now, it's exactly what im in the market for.

In order for anyone to give you an honest comparison online you'll need to post the following: MSRP, discounts offered, and invoice if you can get it (kbb, Edmunds, etc...). GT pricing is usually about Invoice-$500-Rebates. Some get better but that's a good starting point. Post some numbers and we can help you better! :)
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

In order for anyone to give you an honest comparison online you'll need to post the following: MSRP, discounts offered, and invoice if you can get it (kbb, Edmunds, etc...). GT pricing is usually about Invoice-$500-Rebates. Some get better but that's a good starting point. Post some numbers and we can help you better! :)

Hmm, I'm about to do just that when the 07 models will come out, but I'm still confused with what is the "invoice price" and where can I get it prior?

Maybe I'm just not familliar with the term, since I'm french canadian, or maybe I'm just slow, hehe...

You can get the published "invoice price" from edmunds.com. Technically, "invoice price" is what dealer pays for the car, but in the real world this is not the case. For example, I got my '06 LGT for $24,609 + tax with the rebates. The published "invoice price" for the car with the options is $27,981. Subtract the known rebates $1,500 cash to customer and $500 cash to dealer you get $25,981. There is also dealer holdback which IIRC is ~3% of MSRP or about $1000 for LGT. That takes us down to $24,981 that is still $300 more than what I got my car for. The dealer I got my car from is a high volume dealer so they also get some other discounts/incentives from Subaru. I know they were not selling the car at a loss and the salesman told me as much. So as you can see the real dealer cost for the car is much less than the published number.

[OT]What up chenc! PLEASE tell me your dealer has a sister lot in WA. :D They won't go low like that here! Maybe $700 under invoice... but $1800??? I'm still in awe of your dealin' skillz! :lol: Let me know if you got any connections over here! ;)[/OT]

Mercury: So I see you're Canadian and that actually turns everything upside down for you. You CAN'T get invoice pricing for free up there. You have to pay for it (like $20-$40CAD). That sucks! :( Sorry to tell you but there is no site like we have. Edmunds.com will only give US invoices which are way different then yours.

06White: Any updates? Did this info help you at all? Let us know how it's going! :D

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

[OT]What up chenc! PLEASE tell me your dealer has a sister lot in WA. :D They won't go low like that here! Maybe $700 under invoice... but $1800??? I'm still in awe of your dealin' skillz! :lol: Let me know if you got any connections over here! ;)[/OT]

Thanks for the prop but I didn't do any negotiation at all... :icon_tong I just emailed them for a quote. The next higher quote I got was $25k, I think that's about the lowest most dealer would sell it for.

Heres a semi-update: i've been communicating with the dealership by phone the last few days. They are going to pick up my car from the pittsburgh area tomorrow and have it here by saturday. The last numbers he ran past me was around $23,000, but im pretty sure I can get it down a few thousand with some face to face negotiations. anyway, i'll have a better update and hopefully some pics when I bring her home saturday morning!

got my 06 white 2.5se for 21,800 after $1000 rebate with autodim mirror. I htink the rebate is 2000 now.

Anyone have any sites I can check and see what kind of rebates are going on right now.

$2,000 + low APR for the 2.5i SE.

http://www.cars101.com/subaru/rebates.html

Goto carsdirect.com and get their price for your area. You can usually negotiate another $500-$1000 under carsdirect's price with dealer. You can always buy your car through carsdirect if you can't work out a better deal with the dealer you are working with.

edmunds.com gives you a complete breakdown of price....invoice price with options, rebates, and what other people in your area are paying. You can also use them to email dealers in your area to get the best quotes.

edmunds.com gives you a complete breakdown of price....invoice price with options, rebates, and what other people in your area are paying. You can also use them to email dealers in your area to get the best quotes.

Well, I did check this out (using 12901 zip code in Plattsburg), and for the "what other people in your area are paying" it gave me something like $29K for what I want (06 LGT Limited 5EAT Royal Blue/Taupe, no options), and I saw a lot of you guys buying yours for something arround $25K... so it's a little off... or is it me?

Heres a semi-update: i've been communicating with the dealership by phone the last few days. They are going to pick up my car from the pittsburgh area tomorrow and have it here by saturday. The last numbers he ran past me was around $23,000, but im pretty sure I can get it down a few thousand with some face to face negotiations. anyway, i'll have a better update and hopefully some pics when I bring her home saturday morning!

Yeah, I would work on that with him. Where are you again? Near Pittsburgh I take it? :) A few questions:

What is the MSRP? Is it an AT or MT? These will help us help you get a better idea of where "$23k" really stands. If it's a barebones SE with a manual, seems really high, but with alot of options and it being a AT could be on the right track. Could you get that info? Just wanna make sure you get the best deal here! :D

Mercury- Smart man! I would just pay attention to the invoice price, the what people are paying is usually what the normal Joe pays I believe. Not someone who actually reseaches cars and gets multiple quotes. Good luck and hopefully when you start your pre-purchase thread we can help you out too! :D

Yeah, I would work on that with him. Where are you again? Near Pittsburgh I take it? :) A few questions:

What is the MSRP? Is it an AT or MT? These will help us help you get a better idea of where "$23k" really stands. If it's a barebones SE with a manual, seems really high, but with alot of options and it being a AT could be on the right track. Could you get that info? Just wanna make sure you get the best deal here! :D

Mercury- Smart man! I would just pay attention to the invoice price, the what people are paying is usually what the normal Joe pays I believe. Not someone who actually reseaches cars and gets multiple quotes. Good luck and hopefully when you start your pre-purchase thread we can help you out too! :D

Its a 2006 SE (sunroof, AT/ w sportshift, cloth interior) Those are the only features I know for sure are on it if that helps any. As for any other options, i'll have to go down and look at it tomorrow because it isnt here yet, its scheduled to be delivered tonight sometime.

Archived