LegacyGT.com

Got the Homelink Mirror!

S4

I just ordered my LGT on September 1st with an autodimming mirror. About one week later I found out that the Homelink mirror was now available, and took the information to my dealership. They said they'd see what they could do. Well, I get a call this morning that they were able to change the order to substitute a homelink mirror for the autodimming for only $50 more! I know, it's a little thing, but I'd be kicking myself and envying those with the homelink. If you just ordered yours and want the mirror, don't wait! See if your dealer can get the order changed now before its too late. Also, if you're in the Chicago area, Roto Subaru in Arlington Heights has been great so far! I haven't gotten the car yet, but this whole car buying experience has been painless. Talk to Charles or Rodd and tell them that the guy that ordered the black LGT ltd with the homelink mirror sent you.

I don't have the car yet! But, when I get the car it'll have the homelink mirror in it. :) Someone else ordered the mirror separately and got it last week. They should post some pics though! What does the homelink look like?

I ordered the Homelink mirror..it arrived on Friday and I was shocked by it's size! I also didn't care for the compass located in the mirror portion...I decided not to install it and ordered a Legacy Turbo up-pipe instead! :D I'll keep my standard dimming/compass mirror! It's looks almost identical to this: [img]http://lib1.store.vip.sc5.yahoo.com/lib/sports-imports/HLCompTempLightSt.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Opie']I ordered the Homelink mirror..it arrived on Friday and I was shocked by it's size! I also didn't care for the compass located in the mirror portion...I decided not to install it and ordered a Legacy Turbo up-pipe instead! :D I'll keep my standard dimming/compass mirror! It's looks almost identical to this: [img]http://lib1.store.vip.sc5.yahoo.com/lib/sports-imports/HLCompTempLightSt.jpg[/img][/quote] Size as in width? Does it also have degrees in the compass?

Oh man! I just did some research and found out that homelink is fully compatible with X10! I have more X10 modules than I know what to do with, so I'm sure I'll be able to do something sufficiently geeky with this. :D

Here's the detail on the Homelink mirror if you want to get it. P/N: H501SAG010 Retail: $239.95 Invoice (according to my dealer): $181.00 Thanks to Opie for being my original source of information (PN and MSRP).

Just called my dealer and gave them the PN#/invoice $ for Homelink mirror upgrade. My order is being entered today for my car by dealer. Talk about timing. Thanks. I am working with Exclusively Subaru in Ontario Calif. Lady there knows here Subaru's, no nonsense, called back before I could raise question about advert fee and corrected typo on form. I know Irvine Subaru is known for being a very capable dealer, but Ontario is a bit quicker drive or my location and also was better than two dealers nearest my home. Dealer seems a bit off balance about how I know so much about PN#s and invoice for newest products not in dealer book yet. Fun stuff, and thanks to Opie also.

[quote name='Deer Killer'] Size as in width? Does it also have degrees in the compass?[/quote] Size as in height, it's the same width <-------> as the standard dimming/compass mirror but the Homelink one is taller. It does not have the degree's, just the compass in the display. It has 3 Homlink Buttons along the bottom and 2 other buttons plus the light sensor. I work at the dealer, they still have it in stock. I'll try and get a pic of the actual unit tomorrow. Or if anyone wants it, give Mastro a call! :D [quote name='Drift Monkey']Oh and Opie...good call on the mirror...I'd rather have the up pipe too.... :twisted:[/quote] I needed the up-pipe...our dealer does ECUtek...and Ben is coming soon to do some tuning, I want him to do the Legacy! :twisted:

• 1 year later...
[SIZE=2]05 Legacy GT 5 Spd. Regal Blue. Only differentiation from stock is Yokohama es100 tires and short shifter. [/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE] [SIZE=2]Need to know, has anyone set up Homelink? I flipped through the whole manual and see nothing. Please let me know...[/SIZE] [SIZE=2][/SIZE] [SIZE=2]More sadistic question: want to put on aftermarket intercooler. Any suggestions on which one? If I get a stock STI one, I have to change manifold and turbo as well, correct? :icon_twis [/SIZE]

i'm not sure if this would work for the Homelink for the Legacy.. but for my old car: - press and hold the button that you want to program (garage door / or whatever) - press the button on the visor that you want to program that control too. i just held these buttons in place until the light on the visor began blinking (a few seconds) I'm not sure if this works for the Legacy, but that's how i did it on my old car. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong. as for you intercooler question: go to the turbo section in the forum (further down) they have great information on all your engine questions I hope this helps.. :)

• 3 weeks later...
Sorry for the bump, but I wanted to let anyone still on the fence about installing this thing yourself know to not worry about it. I just finished installing the Homelink version and it was honestly ridiculously easy. I generally don't like doing these sorts of DIY operations on my car since I am the type of person that will end up screwing things up (e.g., ripping the headliner, breaking off plastic tabs, etc.). No such problems here. Save yourself some cash and DIY.

[quote name='PhineasC']Sorry for the bump, but I wanted to let anyone still on the fence about installing this thing yourself know to not worry about it. I just finished installing the Homelink version and it was honestly ridiculously easy. I generally don't like doing these sorts of DIY operations on my car since I am the type of person that will end up screwing things up (e.g., ripping the headliner, breaking off plastic tabs, etc.). No such problems here. Save yourself some cash and DIY.[/QUOTE] Sorry, don't know about difficulty, but I know it's been done (as well as the homelink visor). Search and ye shall find. At any rate, I'm loving my homelink mirror, especially having a garage now to use it with. :D

[quote name='!S4']Sorry, don't know about difficulty, but I know it's been done (as well as the homelink visor). Search and ye shall find. At any rate, I'm loving my homelink mirror, especially having a garage now to use it with. :D[/quote] Actually, I was saying that I already installed it and it was very easy. I was just trying to let everyone know not to worry about the difficulty level of the installation. Sorry for the confusion.

[quote name='PhineasC']Actually, I was saying that I already installed it and it was very easy. I was just trying to let everyone know not to worry about the difficulty level of the installation. Sorry for the confusion.[/QUOTE] Sorry, was tired. :(

ok, so if you add the homelink mirror after the fact, the garage door programming should work right? what about the actual home link? i have one to install (it's been sitting in the garage for the winter just haven't done it yet). scored it for free from one of the techs and a stupid customer who insisted his homelink mirror didn't work (but it did so he pretty much bought me one) thanks stupid customer! :P i want to program the mirror to open/close the garage door mainly, so it should work right?
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived