LegacyGT.com

500 Miles - Still considered new?

njrex

I'm in the market for an 06 LGT Ltd and went to a local subaru dealership. They had the color combination that I wanted. I took a look at the odometer and noticed that there were 446 miles on the car. Is this still considered a new car? Should it be priced as a new car. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Hmmm. That's almost 1/2 the engine break-in period. Do you wonder how it was driven over those 446 miles?

Eek, I'd hold out for a new '07 unless you need a car.

Be well.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

Thanks for the information. The salesman mentioned that one of the managers was using the car. I would really like to take advantage of the all of the current incentives. They offered 26,000. That seems high for a car with such high mileage. I'm not sure if they could do this, but I might consider it for 25,000 plus the extended warranty.

I thought the clutch was warrentied under the 3 year 30,000 mile warrenty.

I would definently use that as a baragining chip though, that and definetly look the car over close for scratches dings, bent fins on the intercooler, list every minor fault that you can blame on those 500 miles.

I thought the clutch was warrentied under the 3 year 30,000 mile warrenty.

I would definently use that as a baragining chip though, that and definetly look the car over close for scratches dings, bent fins on the intercooler, list every minor fault that you can blame on those 500 miles.

It should be, but if they open the clutch up and find it's been abused, who are they to know who did the abusing, the owner or all the boy racers who tested it ?

I bought mine with around 340. Mine wasnt a demo, but had been dealer traded and driven to the dealerships plus test drives im sure. Truth be told the break-in that everyone talks about is nothing to be afraid of. You can run a motor hard from day one and they are perfectly fine (except rotory). The only thing to be concerned about would be a clutch.

And to everyone that swears by the 1000 mi break in. Your car was ran hard as soon as it came off the trailer. Almost every tech will take a new pdi and run the hell out of it. And a lot of engine builders recommend that you run the car hard to get a proper seat on the rings.

hey offered 26,000. That seems high for a car with such high mileage. I'm not sure if they could do this, but I might consider it for 25,000 plus the extended warranty.

$26,000 for that is too high. I got mine for $26500 with some options. And it only had 45miles on it. 10 miles of that was my test drive.

You need to find out (if they tell the truth) whether they had the car since new and used as a demo, or whether they bought or traded for it with another dealership (more unknowns).

I personally wouldnt buy one with that many miles on it since I dont know how they were driven, unless maybe they gave you a significant break in price.

I too would be worried about how the car was driven. Our 05 LGT had around 300 miles on it. The dealer we bought it from is outstanding and knows us though and was prepared to brief us on its history.

Archived