LegacyGT.com

cooling fan stuck on again... 4th ecu going in

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i'm assuming its mandatory to send v1.0 AP back to cobb for updating?

unmarried mine last night, had ecu changed today and boy do i miss my midrange

NO... it is not MANDATORY.. several people have had the first style AP and did not have to send it back. I will not have to send it back either. It has to do with the firmware not type of AP OLD vs. NEW. It has to do with firmware version. You would have to have a pretty old AP to send it back. We're talking a couple of years. Someone posted the dates but it didn't effect me so I didn't bother remembering them. YOu could probably search and find like you are doing right now.

I bought my AP in Jan-Feb of 2006. Definately no firmware upgrade needed.

I will be doing this as soon as the dealer gets the new ECU and RELAY in stock and our appointment is set. So I will verify that all this is correct but going off what I've heard only the much older APs will have a problem.

I know VERY OLD doesn't help narrow anythign down but that's what I have for you at this point... good luck!!!!

Back to the cooling fan for a second, mine had the same problem and I fixed it permanently.....at least until a hot summer day. I just pulled the 25A fuse under the hood and let the A/C fan cycle on and off for cooling. It's been like that for 20 months now with absolutely no signs of overheating and my car back to its nice quiet self. the problem doesn't seem to affect any other systems, so I'm just going to ride it out like this until SUbaru can come up with a permanent fix.

Back to the cooling fan for a second, mine had the same problem and I fixed it permanently.....at least until a hot summer day. I just pulled the 25A fuse under the hood and let the A/C fan cycle on and off for cooling. It's been like that for 20 months now with absolutely no signs of overheating and my car back to its nice quiet self. the problem doesn't seem to affect any other systems, so I'm just going to ride it out like this until SUbaru can come up with a permanent fix.

Please continue to check some of the forums around here on this issue. Subaru has come out with a permanent fix after replacign several hundred ECMs.

The actually stopped replacing them evenutally because they realized it was not a permanent fix so they told people to wait until they had found the fix.

The TSB on this was released in October 2006 well after the summer months.

I would contact your dealer and check to see about having the latest fix performed.

I will post on my results when my dealer gets the parts in and does the work.

Archived