LegacyGT.com

First time at the Track

see_obxt

Ok, the numbers were not great but were what I expected. The track is Bandimere in Colorado.

Temp 85

Humidity 95%

60' 3.37

1/8 11.7

1/4 17.5

mph 86.25

This was my first time at a track with the OBXT and first time for me as well. Completely stock and 5EAT. I wanted to get a baseline before any mods. I only got in 3 runs. The first used sport mode only and got an 18. The manumatic mode worked the best. But the 60' time was consistant on all three runs, no launch. I went right on the green light and was told later to go on the last yellow.

My timing needs work. But, i did put down full gas but the lag was very evident until the turbo kicked in.

Any suggestions on reducing the 60' time? I see in numerous threads about power brake launches. Comments on finesse and how-to start a launch from auto owners are greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Damn I'm crying about that 1/4 mile, i would think not even powerbraking should put a 5eat in at low to mid 15's. Definately need to get that brake tqing down though. I bet you still had fun though! I'm guessing obxt are a little slower because of the higher ride height?

1.) Prestage.

2.) Hold the break to the floor with your left foot. Hold it with all your strength!

3.) SLOWLY increase gas until you get to 2800 RPM. The car will squat as all the torque gets wound up in the driveline.

4.) VERY CAREFULLY remove pressure from the break so you move up to staged.

5.) Increase engine speed to 3000-3200 RPM once staged.

6.) On the last yellow (by the time you react it will be green) Release brake, and stomp the gas to the floor.

7.) Enjoy as all 4 wheels spin (RE92s at least), then hook up and you rocket out of the hole.

Stock, you should see high 14s at sea level on a decent track. In CO, probably look for 15s.

Thanks All!

The OBXT is definately slower off the line. I didn't buy the auto for the track and heck, it's an Outback, like not the first choice for drag racing. I was the only OBXT there. I think every Cobra, Evo and STi owner in the Denver area was there too. The WRX next to me was running high 16 and was not very happy about that. Temp and humidity maybe? A lot of people came by to check my engine out. I thought that was cool.

Next track day I'll go earlier so I can get a few more runs in. There were close to 600 cars all running. It was in the 90's when I first got there. It was fun. My son was challenged by the cops and won three times in his little ZX2. He was running 18's. The cops said, "we may be slow but we have radios..."

More people should try out the track.

I haven't seen any outbacks at the track here, but my wife and me go to the track regularly and she has a 06fxt auto running 15.13. Them poor honda guys running 17-18sec 1/4 gettin wooped by a little suv. Have fun at the track. It is great for the family. Later

last year, i took the LGT to the track, all stock but my gutted uppipe. my best time ever was 15.03 sec but avg about 15.4 sec most of the day. we're just above sea level though, so i'm sure that has something to do with it.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

Archived