LegacyGT.com

Lets guess what the minor change to the Crucial Racing UP pipe will be.

HansGT

Let the speculation begin....

(From Crucial)

....sorry.... "secret" for the time being. Nothing crazy or revolutionary or anything, but it is something different and something nobody (except the WRC car I believe) has done to an uppipe for a Subaru...

:confused:

(PLEASE DO NOT HARASS JEREMY ABOUT THIS. CRUCIAL IS KEEPING IT A SECRET UNTIL RELEASE.)

decreasing size pipe to speed the air going into the turbo perhaps?
"some say, his arms are made of coiled adamantium fibers. And that he tops his cereal with nuts and bolts. All we know is, he's called the Jose."

Instead of a trunk-monkey, we're gonna get a free UP-monkey with each order! :D

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

The 2.0-litre flat 4-cylinder engine is fitted with Prodrive's ALS, which the company says has been derived from the same system currently used on the Prodrive-designed Subaru World Rally Car (WRC), but modified for use on the road.

Simply put, ALS can keep the turbo on boost at low engine speeds, giving the car immediate throttle response and improved performance by using more engine torque throughout the rev range. The ALS on the P2 is based on the system currently used on Prodrive's Subaru World Rally Cars, but modified for use on the road.

Prodrive makes the claim that in tests, ALS has been shown to double engine torque at low revs, enabling a test car to accelerate from 50 to 80km/h (30 - 50mph) in the same time in third gear as it would without the system in second gear.

Turbocharged engines tend to run with a rich fuel mixture and, as a result, some of this fuel remains unburnt and ends up in the exhaust. At low engine speeds, when turbo-lag is experienced, the anti-lag system can introduce ambient air into the red hot exhaust manifold causing this fuel to spontaneously combust.

In turn, this reaction increases the manifold pressure, spinning the turbo back onto boost. In the Subaru World Rally Car, this gives Petter Solberg and Chris Atkinson instantaneous response throughout the Impreza WRC's rev range.

?????

I forgot what I was supposed to remember.

I love my crucial DP. The UP not so much. I replaced it with an STI up. Crucial kept leaking on me. DP is AWESOME though. I love it.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

"Turbocharged engines tend to run with a rich fuel mixture and, as a result, some of this fuel remains unburnt and ends up in the exhaust. At low engine speeds, when turbo-lag is experienced, the anti-lag system can introduce ambient air into the red hot exhaust manifold causing this fuel to spontaneously combust.

In turn, this reaction increases the manifold pressure, spinning the turbo back onto boost. In the Subaru World Rally Car, this gives Petter Solberg and Chris Atkinson instantaneous response throughout the Impreza WRC's rev range. "

the problem with that is they have to replace the pipes every other race or they blow up....litterally

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

tell us or STFU

huh? who exactly are you telling to STFU? nobody knows what the change is for sure but crucial. were guessing here, thus the title of the thread: "Lets guess what the minor change to the Crucial Racing Up pipe will be."

:iam:

Archived