LegacyGT.com

got t-boned

ok, i don't think i technically got t-boned but i got hit on my right rear. so far i have to replace both the door and the quater panel. i have pix but i have no idea on how to post pictures on here so i'm going to post it on myspace. oh yeah, this was hit by a chevy tahoe. i am pissed but not that pissed because it was from my mother. thinking about getting navigation with rear camera so she can see in the tahoe. lol. threw that idea at her, and now she is asking me if i would be able to do this for her and the backup alert that goes to a solid beep when there is an obstacle. ok, time for some questions. does anyone know if the outback sedan flares/lower door moldings would fit the legacy sedans? i searched already and nothing came up. i would imagine it does but just trying to see if someone else already did it.

// Thread Hijack //

I'm actually looking at a new BMW motorcycle (K1200 S). Does anybody know if the previous models has the same HP and Electronic Suspension Adjustment?

// Thread Hijack //

No. They didn't... The new k12S (with the forward slanted engine, and hossack style front end are completely new and much more powerful than the previous K12S, which I believe is now called the K1200GT. I has the flat brick-style engine (horizontal inline four) and BMW's telelever front end. I don't think it had the on-the-fly adjustable suspension either... That is new, too.

Personally, I wish the new R1200S had the hossack-style front end, Duolever, I think BMW calls it... (unequal length control arms and coil over shock connecting from the frame to the solid uprights that replace telescopic forks entirely...) and had held over the ducati-esqe tail section and two oval exhaust silencers from the previous R1100S...

The K1200S is an amazing machine but not a small or light motorcycle. Not even the R-oil head boxers are lightweights either...

Too bad to hear about a Bimmer getting run over, though. Frustrating doesn't begin to describe. I hope that all of the accident prone individuals mentioned in this thread were insured, and that vehicles are repaired well.

ok, i don't think i technically got t-boned but i got hit on my right rear. so far i have to replace both the door and the quater panel. i have pix but i have no idea on how to post pictures on here so i'm going to post it on myspace. oh yeah, this was hit by a chevy tahoe. i am pissed but not that pissed because it was from my mother. thinking about getting navigation with rear camera so she can see in the tahoe. lol. threw that idea at her, and now she is asking me if i would be able to do this for her and the backup alert that goes to a solid beep when there is an obstacle. ok, time for some questions. does anyone know if the outback sedan flares/lower door moldings would fit the legacy sedans? i searched already and nothing came up. i would imagine it does but just trying to see if someone else already did it.

Back on track guys......

You can send me the photos and I'll post them for you if you want.... You need to do it with the "Manage Attachments" button below the text field (when you post).

I think that the Outback sedans use flairs......

i was pissed for a total of maybe half hour total through-out the whole day. she felt bad through to the second day and i told her that it was just a car and that at least its just me and not some other a$$hole she could have hit and sued for injuries and such. this was probable revenge for me making fun of her driving such a big vehicle. but anyway, back on track. i got an estimate on parts around $895.00 for just the quater panel and the door. i'm sure that underneath the quater panel, there are another panel that needs replacement too. the funny thing is that she probable knew that she was going to hit another car so she didn't replace the bumper on her tahoe. this is the second car she hit with the same bumper. if there are any damage to the rear suspension, i would be able to feel it driving down the road. Right? (that is a question).

Mccory: when i use "manage attachments" is that sending the pix to you or posting the pictures on here? when you say flairs, are you refering that all the panels that are attached to both the doors and the fenders are called flairs?

My dad ran over my sister's boyfriends, $18,000 BMW motorcyle.

If I was the father, I WOULD DO THE SAME THING. my question is "Is the BF an A$$hole? What did he do to your father that got him that mad? was it totally and accident? let me guess: your father is a 5' man driving a big a$$ suburban or worse, an Excursion! ! ! j/k, lol. but seriously what was it and thank you for hijacking MY thread. (another joke)

Mccory: when i use "manage attachments" is that sending the pix to you or posting the pictures on here? when you say flairs, are you refering that all the panels that are attached to both the doors and the fenders are called flairs?

What Sebberry said about the flares.....

The Manage attachments button is to post the photos here....

Archived