LegacyGT.com

To the people who installed lines for gauges through the firewall

Joon525

If you used the gromment shown below.....

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a153/yamie700/LegacyGTcom%20stuff/Oil%20pressure%20gauge%20install/Grommetwithlinesinstalled.jpg

Did you have to remove anything else besides the glovebox itself to get to the wire when it came through? I currently have the glove box removed but can't see the other side of this grommet. I just wanted to check with other people to see if the wire will just eventually show up if I keep pushing it through or not.

Guest *Jedimaster*
That's what I used- I didn't remove the glovebox, just went from underneath and found the hose.

Even with the glovebox off, I found that I had to "blind" this particular pass-thorugh.

I could not see the gromet from the cabin side at all, and it honestly wasn't until that the lead wire that I'd sent through had passed about 4 inches through the firewall that I was finally able to visualize it on the cabin side!

:)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I actually gave up on that location and am going to use the grommet in the driver's side fender well tomorrow. Another part of the reason I stopped was related to the Defi sender and the oil galley space but that's another thread....

I picked the grommet on the driver's side right behind the intercooler. I didn't have to remove the glovebox, only the kick panel under it which is easy.

From there I snaked a flexible "grabber" down through it and angled at the pax compartment and it popped out down there.

I tried the grommet in your picture but couldn't get the "grabber" to pop out anywhere I could see it.

Check this link for pictures of how I did it.

Be well.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

• 2 years later...
I can get the snake through that grommet but I can not get the 4 gauge cable to stay on the snake for the life of me... Any sugestions????? I gotta get this finished and I'm at a loss... Next step is to take out the glove box I guess and see if I can get a better view at the grommet...

Glad you've got it! :)

I've also used either electrical tape or masking tape, to secure the cable to the fishing device. ;)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived