LegacyGT.com

Insurance on the Legacy GT compared to TSX and others..

I think I'm around 2000 for the year but I'm on my parents insurance because I couldn't get the car in my name (Credit issues), but for comparison sake I payed 1800 for my 2000 Celica GTS with full coverage and my 92 Maxima SE with liability. NJCure is a cheap insurance company if you can get in. Prudential dropped me for reasons I have no idea and I was paying 3k for the same 2 cars above so I was happy they did.

As an fyi, when asking for an insurance quote, make sure you ask if you get special discounts for some of the LGT's/LTD's options if you have them. For example, my insurance company gave me a discount on anti-lock brakes, traction control and upgraded anti-theft alarm. While they knew about most of the features, I did have to ask about the auto-alarm discount. It wasn't much but it was better than nothing...

I'm 25 and use American Family... My insurance is going to go up when I get my Legacy, about $220 a year from my 01 Mazda Protege. It's actually about middle of the road for the cars i've been looking at... the 05 325i would make it go up around $300 but the 05 maxima would make it go up only $100... The only vehicle I like so far that would actually make it go down is the 05 jeep grand cherokee.

Wow I don't miss New Jersey car insurance. I was paying $1100 a year for my 02 Civic Si and the Forester XT. Dropping the Civic and adding the Legacy GT lowered the rate to $860 a year. But then again, I'm an old married fart with a good driving record.

Archived