LegacyGT.com

New Hog-zawst System!!! The sound of power! *with patented washer technology*

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got sound clips but can't figure out how to post them. Today it sounded even better...not sure why? It even seemed to have more low end power before the turbo kicks in...is this possible?

I think the ears have a definite impact on the butt-dyno!

My other car is a 1993 Chevy S-10 Tahoe! (Currently being driven to failure by my nephew)

I think the ears have a definite impact on the butt-dyno!

I'm very with ya on the ears thing. I meant more like my 5EAT has nothing before turbo...when you rev it, there is this "running too rich" sound like it is clearing out from running too rich once it gets to higher rpm. It really feels better now, but it may be the cooler weather that has affected it

Just upgraded to the stage II hog zausts... for all you people who paid over $1... man you got ripped.... lol... I paid $0.79 for 8 hog zausts components. freakin' sweet.

OOOh OOOh!

Could you please please post a soundclip of it on 2.5i?

If you do I'll put it in the 1st post for reference...

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

I finally got around to doing this. I've had my resonator removed for a little while which was completely unsatisfying and have been wanting to do this.

After playing around with different washer sizes and 1 or 2 muffler combinations, I've settled on the thinnest 3/8 washers available at Home Depot on the driver's side muffler for day-to-day drivability. Sounds great! (But the 2 thicker washers on both mufflers sounded BAD A$$. Like a burly V8...)

After playing around with different washer sizes and 1 or 2 muffler combinations, I've settled on the thinnest 3/8 washers available at Home Depot on the driver's side muffler for day-to-day drivability.

Do you mean you just put one on each bolt of the driver's side muffler? and leave the other one stock?

Can you confirm?

Sure - alot of people are doing this - they call it "stage 1.5" or stage 0.5.

Some people even go as far as 0.25 - 1 washer on 1 bolt, or any feasible combination thereof. Play around till it works!

I'm still at Stage II - as soon as I fix my boost leak, that is....

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

I used the stock gasket as a template, and made some spacers out of boiler gasket material. Cut out the bottom of the arc and installed. All soot, and sound, is directed towards the cans. Right now I have 2 per side, prolly 3/16" thick total. Sounds like when I was Hog stage 1, but the sound pulses do not impact the spare tire well directly. Sorry, no pics :(

Many Shuvs and Zuuls knew what it was to be roasted in the depths of the Slor that day, I can tell you!

ok, this mother effer has gotten signifcantly louder in thelast week but I can't figure out why? Has anyone simply tried cutting the gasket at the bottom. In other words, cut between the bolt reinforcements of the gasket at the bottom only?

Sounds like what I was proposing here... http://legacygt.com/forums/showpost.php?p=752520&postcount=663 except using varying gauges of copper wire so it would mold and form a good seal across the top portion but leave the bottom open to exhaust the Hog-zawst. lol

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

DP first, then cans. I'm hogzawsting til then. Did Stage II last night, but may drop to Stage I or even .5

Funny to have an exhaust that gets quieter at higher revs, and louder at idle. :)

Should one interpret "higher revs" to = higher speeds, or just revving into higher RPMs. If it's the first, then of course it'll sound quieter at speed, you're leaving the sound behind man. If it's the latter, then sitting in one location and revving makes a tremendous amount of noise...

Just have someone do a driveby at WOT with STG II HZW mod and you'll likely change your view. It's pretty throaty and loud - more furious (mad as hella) burble but I'm sure some of it is still lost (attenuated) going through the cans.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

you guys are seriously getting out of hand with the hogzawst... just do what i did, buy a catback... yes i was hogzawsting before, till it started to sound like poop

I agree, mine started sound like what it is,an exhaust leak. But you can't beat the price.

Denial is your best friend

I think the thickness of the gap may play a correlation on the sound. When I had the thicker washers on, that muther was loud, even on just one muffler. Now, with the thinnest washers available from Home Deport, I can barely notice it. Hopefully it will stay that way long term. No $$$ for a cat back. :(

I think the thickness of the gap may play a correlation on the sound. When I had the thicker washers on, that muther was loud, even on just one muffler. Now, with the thinnest washers available from Home Deport, I can barely notice it. Hopefully it will stay that way long term. No $$$ for a cat back. :(

keep us posted...