LegacyGT.com

help with 2.5i

if your planning on taking the 2.5i to a track i give madddddd props for having done so. it wont be an easy and cheap task to accomplish. but w/ money and time anything is possible!

the next question basically lies into whether or not you want to go turbo? or try to maximize the ej253 engine to its limits?

-- yay for the sig! --

my garage!

if your planning on taking the 2.5i to a track i give madddddd props for having done so. it wont be an easy and cheap task to accomplish. but w/ money and time anything is possible!

the next question basically lies into whether or not you want to go turbo? or try to maximize the ej253 engine to its limits?

Tracking a 2.5i for fun isn't that expensive, all you need are GT front brakes, wheels and tires and you are set. All that is no more than $1500 to do.

Check the race rules, if you can be competitive in a slower class, do it. Why beat yourself up by starting with a base car that is going to take too much money to build to compete in an open class? It's pointless to waste money like that. Winning is winning, and if you can spend less on doing so, all the more respect you'll get.

Keefe

• 1 month later...
damn someone need to start a tutorial on teaching LGT owner how to weight down.

And ya, i had a friend in HK that drives an RS, dont get fooled by the "RS" it's not slow.

Does that go for an 03 RS?? Just curious because I'm in the market to buy a Subie', thought of an RS but was told there's not much you can do with'em. Then the Legacy caught my eye, was considerring the 2.5i, then came upon this thread.

You going to autocross it? $1,300 at Skip Barber is going to have you going faster than the comparable amount in modifications. And you can readily convince your dad it will make you a safer driver.

It's a nice-looking, practical car that has good roadholding but not the acceleration of more powerful cars - or the fuel consumption. Maybe buy some lighter rims (the BBS RK's from the SAABARU are 18 lbs and $500 a set) then you'll have the stock rims for dedicated snows. The Legacy GT rear sway bar is obtained inexpensively.

+1 VVG Skip will nullify any horsepower deficit and make a better driver out of you. Daddy should watch or participate and reap the benefits.

Does that go for an 03 RS?? Just curious because I'm in the market to buy a Subie', thought of an RS but was told there's not much you can do with'em. Then the Legacy caught my eye, was considerring the 2.5i, then came upon this thread.

Theres really not much to do in North America with the 03 RS as well. Simply because we are in North America.

In asia you can probably get custom made stuff cheaper than here.

Archived