LegacyGT.com

Just Purchased 06 LGT - Here's My Deal

I found this forum to be really helpful, so I hope someone can benefit from my post. Here's the story

Car: 2006 Legacy GT Ltd, 5EAT, Pearl White, 40 miles on odometer, no other

options, Norther NJ

MSRP: $30,640

Invoice: $285XX

Initial Offer from the Dealer: $265XX

Purchased for: $26,100 ($24xx under invoice) includes the subaru incentive

Other variable fees not included : Documentation Fee: $95

Two other dealers had better offers. One dealer is offering $2700 under invoice (thanks goes out to gosubaru for the 411 on this place). Didn't go with them for 2 reasons: 1. Too far - 65 miles one way, 2. The 2 cars they had both had other miscellaneous options (like the spoiler) that I didn't really want

The second dealer offered $2550 under invoice, but they had a doc fee of $165. They probably could have come down more on the price since the quoted amount was their initial offer...I didn't negotiate further because the car they had was in a color that I wasn't crazy about. They have a bunch of other LGTs mostly with NAV or other misc options. They did have a MT pearl white that was offered for $24,950. Unfortunately, I had to get an auto (demanded by my SO).

PM me if you want more details

Here's the kicker. They gave me $500 over the KBB trade in price (fair condition) for my car. Granted the car had lower miles than average but it had some issues including 4 med-sized dents + scratches in the roof, a power door lock that didn't work, and a power window that didn't work. He used a book called Galvus for the pricing.

Hope this helps someone who is out there looking for a 2006 LGT.

Hey gosubaru... I bought it from Liberty in Oradell. Not the best buying experience as I had to negotiate hard to get them close to other offers, but ended up being the best bottom line price.

I'm really happy with the car....reminds of me of my old STI and the pick up is pretty darn good for an auto.

mlrtime..I'm in Edgewater

Wow Steve...I think yours is the best price I've seen so far...I got the sense that I could have pushed the price down a bit more (I didn't even use the get up a leave move during the negotiations), but I just wanted to wrap up the deal. Also, I went in asking for $2600 under invoice since the first few offers I got were invoice minus the $2k subaru incentive...At the end of the day though, I think if I played hard ball with them, they probably would have made up the difference by offering me a lower figure on the trade in.

Hey 2-5 STI-L,

You may want to check the inventory at various dealers to see what they have. In general, there are a lot of GTs out there with Nav, not so many without.

I think Oradell may have a silver with Nav. Bill Kolb hasd a silver without Nav, and Pine Belt has a black and a red without Nav. Town Motors also has a black with Nav. You may want to look at Ramsey. They have bunch of 06s.

Good luck,

FormerSTI Driver

Wow Steve...I think yours is the best price I've seen so far...

Getting a great deal on a car comes in knowing the car selling/buying process:

• Researching the car on Edmunds.com, KBB.com, CarsDirect.com, and others. Know what the MSRP, Invoice, TMV (true market value), Dealer holdback, and other incentives are. Bring printouts showing the car you want to buy in its worst light.
  • Visiting dealerships and get a feel for who ‘has’ to move a car. The dealer I purchased from had three Silver GT’s on the lot, and shared with me a $500 bonus they receive for reaching a level of cars sold that month.
  • Getting a great trade-in by detailing your car and coming with print outs of car ads (autotrader.com) that place your car in its best light. Convince the dealer that he'll make money on your trade-in.
  • Remove ALL emotion from the process, it is all business.

Steven

Getting a great deal on a car comes in knowing the car selling/buying process:

• Researching the car on Edmunds.com, KBB.com, CarsDirect.com, and others. Know what the MSRP, Invoice, TMV (true market value), Dealer holdback, and other incentives are. Bring printouts showing the car you want to buy in its worst light.
  • Visiting dealerships and get a feel for who ‘has’ to move a car. The dealer I purchased from had three Silver GT’s on the lot, and shared with me a $500 bonus they receive for reaching a level of cars sold that month.
  • Getting a great trade-in by detailing your car and coming with print outs of car ads (autotrader.com) that place your car in its best light. Convince the dealer that he'll make money on your trade-in.
  • Remove ALL emotion from the process, it is all business.

fit that on a business card and print out

MAYHEM

#122/22 STS NNJR SCCA

AUTOX4U.COM

XENON RETRO GUIDE

I think I could have done better if I didn't have the trade-in. Other dealers had better prices, but not as a good an offer on the trade-in. I went with the best bottom line. And because of the damage to roof, I don't think I could have well selling it privately, nor do I have the time to do so.

Also, some dealers had higher documentation fees, which one has take into account when talking about prices to make sure we are comparing apples to apples.

Finally, there are also regional differences in price.

Archived