LegacyGT.com

BULB Failure - JINSU-Power McCulloch HID kit

ssaldana

I installed my McCulloch kit from Wei Zhang of Jinsu-Power approximately 9 months ago. The lights worked perfectly in those 9 months until recently. Just the other day I fired up my lights in the evening and I noticed discoloration projected in front of me from my low beams. I walked to the front of the car and the passenger side head light had a red tone to it and was nowhere near as luminous as the drivers side head light. This led me to believe that the bulb was already burning out.

When I installed my lights I made sure to seal the area on the cap to make sure the bulbs were not exposed to any moisture.

Unfortunately Jinsu Power will not replace my bulb because according to him/her, the bulb manufacturer does not offer warranty past 30 days of purchase.

Here are my questions:

1) Have any of you experienced this problem with your bulbs?

2) Can anyone think of a reason as to why this happened to my bulb?

3) Can anyone recommend a reliable bulb brand other than the flimsy one offered by Jinsu-Power?

4) I keep hearing good things about Philips, is it worth the higher premium

weird i have had ran my mcculloch's (bulbs) for almost two years, i means its prolly time to replace em soon, but its all about how you care for the bulbs, your going to need to make sure that, you have no moisture in your headlights, and you dont start the car with the headlights on, and things like that...but ya i havent had problems with it, also had mcculloch bulbs on my lancer for over a year

Current:MY05 SWP wagon - 253/290 :rolleyes: UP, AEM CAI, Invidia Q300, tuned@yimisport

OLD: MY06 GRP - 274/314 :cool:

Archived