LegacyGT.com

Which Tires Are Best for...

The Don

I'm gettin the BBS RGRs 18in. I cant seem to find a tire that is good for it. I want it to grip good and not be too too loud but i can deal with that.. I live in NJ soo there are pot wholes, so im thinking low profile are out of the question?? Any advice will help alot thanks... (Ill be useing stock tire and rims for winter)

I'm gettin the BBS RGRs 18in. I cant seem to find a tire that is good for it. I want it to grip good and not be too too loud but i can deal with that.. I live in NJ soo there are pot wholes, so im thinking low profile are out of the question?? Any advice will help alot thanks... (Ill be useing stock tire and rims for winter)

awesome wheel choice, im definitely jealous...

i'm in new jersey also so i feel your pain about the pot holes... there's no avoiding them, you're gonna get a bubble in your tire regardless of your profile... i would try to stick with stock profile..

I'm riding on 225/45/18s SO3s, with 18X7.5 rims, +50 offset, and Spec B struts and Spec B pinks. No rubbing. Speedos off, but I don't really care. These provide excellent rim protection.

With rims as nice as what you've got, and roads as bad as yours sound, I'd try to fit these on. Otherwise, everytime you go over a bump you are going to cringe.

i mean the roads arnt always bad most of the time its a small sewer dip or a drive way entrance, Speed Bump...but than there are thos pot holes that are like moon creaters...BTW what kinda springs you got, i was looking at the Tien.. i wanna lower myn, make it look nicer

225/40/18, myself.

I actually don't foresee a problem, as long as your wheels are themselves decently strong, and as long as you work to maintain good inflation pressures, which will itself serve as some protection.

I'm in NE-Ohio.

We've got two seasons ---->

December through July, it's potholes everywhere. As you can imagine, road salt and near-constant plowing over the winters really do a number on our surface streets and highways. Usually, repairs are not complete until nearly early July.

August to November is basically the only time we enjoy "fresh" asphalt. :lol: Even then, you still have to be on the lookout for now-displaced patches/fixes that had been completed earlier in the fix-up season.

I ride on Prodrive PFF7s. Built like brick shithouses, but I do trade-off in that these definitely are not lightweight rims.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

yall think fuzion ZRi's are good?

^ I honestly can't completely say.......

This is the first time I've had them, and although they are vastly superior in terms of dry and wet (cornering) traction than my Falken ZIEX ZE-512s (assuming the former are enjoying proper temperature conditions), I lack a proper frame-of reference to give this a good assessment.

Why?

Well, despite both being 225-width (and yes, although this is so, their actual measured widths are different), I have the former fitted to an 8" rim, while the latter resides on my stockers. Understandably, handling thus differs.

Regardless, in the wet-traction department, while the ZRis are not able to replicate the sure-footedness of the ZIEXs at higher-speed, straight-line hydroplane resistance, I would still say that they serve just fine as commuters.

What I am currently wondering is whether or not the higher-dollar offerings from either Toyo or Goodyear - or even Falken and Kuhmo - are, on a dollar-vs-performance basis, "enough dollars" superior to the Fuzions to justify their premiums.

So far, I've had no luck in finding relevant past threads on this comparison.

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Archived