LegacyGT.com

Met someone with koni inserts on 05 LGT

icelatte

This past weekend, I met a guy running an 05 LGT in a midwest race series. I'll leave the names out as I think he wants the car to remain anonymous for a while.

Anyway, because of classing restrictions, he's stuck with the stock springs but is using double adjustable koni inserts in WRX struts for the front. He's having some success dialing in the settings. I don't know what he's using in the rear though, still might be stock. He did have to modify the top hats to get the inserts to fit.

Just an FYI for you chop and hack inclined guys looking for some current alternatives for stock class autocross, etc.

I know he's trolls this board so I'll let him add details if he wishes.

where are you located? my extra stock suspension got 'donated' to someone who was doing just that. the thing is...it was loaned to someone and that person gave it away without checking with me. :( Just want to know it's being put to good use, as it was free to me as well. (I had planned to donate it to Koni for testing).

I worked with this racer to get him set up for his car. He is using some double adjustable 8611- RACE inserts on the front is some customized stock housings and the rear shocks are an exuisting Koni Sport that we modified to work for him with an initial guessed valving.

I have not spoken to him since he received the fronts, but he had raced on the rears only and found that the stock fronts were still too soft. Glad to hear that he is on track with the fronts.

This just shows that we are indeed moving forward on a Koni application for the cars but his racing need and ability to fabricate puts him a bit ahead of the curve. I hope that people don't try to copy what he is doing as we are working toward the correct set-up for the car. Since he is racing and not on the street and needed to make changes quickly to start racing the car, we worked with him but he is doing this with no real testing basis. Wish him luck but please don't try to copy him yet.

He is based in Illinois.

Archived