LegacyGT.com

FYI for Uppipe / Header Installs

Well, when I screw stuff up, I like to share it so that maybe somebody else doesn't do the same thing.

I installed a GPMoto header over the weekend. Since this one had been welded together and coated, it had to fit on the turbo and exhaust studs at the same time (PITA). To make my life easier, I decided to loosen the turbo mounting brackets to get some more play. The front bolt on the bracket is well hidden and very tight. I used a knuckle and extension bar to get to it. Well, in the process of trying to break the bolt loose, I damaged the TGV position sensor on the back of the TGV housing because the knuckle twisted up against it.

Breaking the sensor will throw a P2016 CEL (I didn't know what I had done until I started the car). An AP will not read this code, I had to use my standard OBDII code reader. Lucky for me, I did not break the sensor wire connector completely off, and pushing it back together and wrapping a zip-tie around has made a temporary fix.

Also, I'm told you can't order that sensor alone. You would have to buy an entire TGV assembly (pricey I imagine). Obviously I'm not the first person to do this, and someone has figured out the the TPS sensor is the same thing, and you can order it alone. I hope this helps someone else avoid my $80 mistake.

• 10 years later...

Your welcome for that info that I found and posted here. But I also had my Tuner delete that code on my wagon because someone at the tranny shop broke mine.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/tgv-sensor-248832.html

I thought I posted the other link somewhere here that I found over on NASIOC that say's it will work.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived