LegacyGT.com

Doh! just got the crap scared out of me.

Went outside to see if I adjusted the headlights to my liking and as I am removing the screws that hold the intake on a hear a weird noise. So I turn around and and notice there is a mama bear and two cubs standing right behind me. I am used to seeing them but this time they surprised me. So needless to say I didn't get to really check it out. By the way; from the searche I made CCW should raise the lights but I didn't see any indication of how sensitive the adjustment is. I did see the procedure where you park 10 ft away and measure to the cutoff but I don't have a level place to park near a wall. Any other suggestions besides just eyeballing it?

ahhhh. so cute... do they attack people?

i wish i could bring them some donuts and bagels.

No people have been attacked in my area that I know of, but a black bear did just kill a little kid a month back in TN I think. Here they tend to have enough food from garbage but occasionally kill a horse, cow, lama or someone's dog or something. There were people that were feeding them a while back but they ended up getting big fines.

yeah I have gotten between a cub and a sow and it was a tense minute or so.....I was out mtn biking and heard a strange noise...turned out the cub was on my left and got scared and ran right in front of me....the mom was about 50 feet away staring me down. It was scary for a minute or so while the cub ran to safety. Needless to say the ride got cut short that day.

Fatbastard: You don't say where you're from.

I've got a couple bear stories from Alaska that has me dropping bricks.

My "favorite" was when I was hiking with my dog. He ran ahead and I could hear him barking. When I rounded the corner I see he's playing with another dog a couple hundred yards ahead. As I got closer I realize that it wasn't a dog and my own dog spotted me and ran back to me with a grizzly cub chasing right behind. Then momma bear appeared to bring the cub back...all three running towards me.

In the end, I decided that running back to where I came from was a better than standing there--gave Mom a little more room to catch her cub. I was more than unsettled when my dog outran me and I could only imagine what was right behind...

Believe it or not I am in north west NJ....our black bear population has skyrocketed the last few years, so much so they reinstated the hunting season. Since the population is booming, most are pretty small (150-200lbs) but the crazy part is they are having cubsafter one year and it isn't uncommon for them to have 4 cubs at a time. On occasion I'll run into a larger one like 400lbs but there are a few giants out there....last season someone got one that was between 600-700lbs dressed. Grizzlies are a different story, they are just insanely big and scary. These guys look kind of cute but scare me because if they decide to attack you are totally screwed. They can outrun a quarter horse short distance and climb trees.

In the end, I decided that running back to where I came from was a better than standing there--gave Mom a little more room to catch her cub. I was more than unsettled when my dog outran me and I could only imagine what was right behind...

So... what happen after?

Assuming you are fine, how about your dog?

That's one scrawny, sick-looking bear!

Yeah, it's the scrawny "sick" lookin' ones you have to watch out for. If they can't get a nice plate o' garbage from the local dumpster, I'm sure your fibia will do nicely!!:lol::icon_twis

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Archived