LegacyGT.com

New-owner Survey

Hello All, I'm soliciting a little info from everyone who has recently purchased a MY2005 Legacy. This is strictly for entertainment purposes - I'm not affiliated with any research organizations, or Subaru of America - I just have a little too much free time. If you've got a few minutes to spare, answer some questions, and I'll be compiling the results for us to discuss. The link to the survey is below: [url=http://forums.subdriven.com/zerothread?id=1567690]Take the survey![/url] Thanks! Dan

Thanks for sharing the info! I hope some other people might participate even though it's over on the "other" forum. I didn't want to replicate the thread over here just because it would be more difficult for me to manage the responses. Thanks again! - Dan

Guest *Jedimaster*
That'd be a good idea, rather than having us go to another site to take a survey and have to sign up, wait for activation e-mail, etc.

Sorry - I didn't realize that participating in more than one forum would be that much of an inconvenience :roll: so, here's the post ripped right from the original over on [url=http://www.subdriven.com]Subdriven[/url]. Thanks in advance for your participation! Okay, I admit it, I've been having entirely too much fun filling out the surveys that Subaru sends from time to time. It got me wondering, though, where does everyone else stand on some of questions? So, if you'll humor my curiosity, answer a few questions and I'll compile the results and post them for everyone else to see. Not to discriminate, but to keep things under control I'd like to limit this to people who have purchased 2005 Model Lagacies and Outbacks. If people find this fun/interesting, we can look into doing one for more "vintage" models. Now, for the questions: 1. What model/trim/color car did you purchase? 2. Is this your first Subaru? 3. What are your top three favorite features of your car? 4. What are your top three annoying aspects of your car? 5. What three features do you wish were available for your car? 6. What were the top three competing cars you considered purchasing instead of your Subaru? 7. What was the number one reason you chose the Subaru over the other choices? 8. Do you consider yourself an automotive enthusiast? If so, are you a "hard-core" or "casual" enthusiast? 9. Would you be interested in Subaru-sponsored driver education events? That's all I could think of for now, PM if you have suggestions for other questions. Please answer these in a post, or PM/email me your responses. I'll compile the results in this thread when I have something to work with. Thanks for playing along!

Guest *Jedimaster*
1. What model/trim/color car did you purchase? Outback 2.5XT 2. Is this your first Subaru? No 3. What are your top three favorite features of your car? Power, Looks, Comfort 4. What are your top three annoying aspects of your car? Nothing to really complain about. 5. What three features do you wish were available for your car? More power, better handling, memory seats 6. What were the top three competing cars you considered purchasing instead of your Subaru? Only considered the Dodge Magnum 7. What was the number one reason you chose the Subaru over the other choices? AWD, looks, price 8. Do you consider yourself an automotive enthusiast? If so, are you a "hard-core" or "casual" enthusiast? Yes. hard core 9. Would you be interested in Subaru-sponsored driver education events? Hell yes.

1. What model/trim/color car did you purchase? Legacy GT / Garnet Red 2. Is this your first Subaru? Yes. 3. What are your top three favorite features of your car? Engine, AWD, Upholstery 4. What are your top three annoying aspects of your car? Not as sleek, but performance and recognition makes up for it. 5. What three features do you wish were available for your car? HID, Sunroof (GT) option, Better Tires 6. What were the top three competing cars you considered purchasing instead of your Subaru? WRX, Volvo S40 7. What was the number one reason you chose the Subaru over the other choices? Reliability, Performance, Resale, AWD 8. Do you consider yourself an automotive enthusiast? If so, are you a "hard-core" or "casual" enthusiast? Yes, Casual. 9. Would you be interested in Subaru-sponsored driver education events? Yes.

1. What model/trim/color car did you purchase? Legacy GT Wagon Manual transmission in Black 2. Is this your first Subaru? Yes 3. What are your top three favorite features of your car? Engine, AWD, modibility 4. What are your top three annoying aspects of your car? Clutch, no auto up/down on all windows, a little much body roll 5. What three features do you wish were available for your car? Auto up/down on all windows, HID, sports package type option with wheels, suspension, short shifter, and even more bolstered seats 6. What were the top three competing cars you considered purchasing instead of your Subaru? None Subaru was the only maker that had the type of vehicle I was looking for 7. What was the number one reason you chose the Subaru over the other choices? Wanted a wagon, had to be fast, reliable and modable 8. Do you consider yourself an automotive enthusiast? If so, are you a "hard-core" or "casual" enthusiast? Yes I definatley do and would consider myself hardcore oh yah ha 9. Would you be interested in Subaru-sponsored driver education events? Definatley just give me a time and place

'05 Black Legacy GT Wagon 5-spd

'02 Topaz/Black 330Ci 5-spd

Drift Ryder's School of Rally Arts, coming to an Australia near you.

1. What model/trim/color car did you purchase? Legacy 2.5GT/Base/Garnet Red Pearl 2. Is this your first Subaru? No. 3. What are your top three favorite features of your car? Styling, performance, price! 4. What are your top three annoying aspects of your car? RE92s, a bit under-sprung, transmission could be better... 5. What three features do you wish were available for your car? Suspension upgrade (SPT), better tires, HID? 6. What were the top three competing cars you considered purchasing instead of your Subaru? G35 Coupe, otherwise all Subaru products (STi, FXT) 7. What was the number one reason you chose the Subaru over the other choices? AWD, turbo, understated sedan, value (price/performance) 8. Do you consider yourself an automotive enthusiast? If so, are you a "hard-core" or "casual" enthusiast? hard-core like pr0n 9. Would you be interested in Subaru-sponsored driver education events? But of course!

1. What model/trim/color car did you purchase? 2005 base Garnet Red Pearl Legacy GT Sedan with 5MT 2. Is this your first Subaru? Yes! I love it. 3. What are your top three favorite features of your car? AWD, turbocharger, gauges 4. What are your top three annoying aspects of your car? Flukey key fob, stuttering at certain RPMs, stereo and the anti-aftermarket aspect 5. What three features do you wish were available for your car? Better stereo, HIDs, better tires 6. What were the top three competing cars you considered purchasing instead of your Subaru? Honda Accord V6, Subaru Impreza WRX, Pontiac Grand Prix GTP 7. What was the number one reason you chose the Subaru over the other choices? AWD, better performance, resale, and value 8. Do you consider yourself an automotive enthusiast? If so, are you a "hard-core" or "casual" enthusiast? Yes, a somewhat hard-core enthusiast 9. Would you be interested in Subaru-sponsored driver education events? Yes. That would be awesome.

1. What model/trim/color car did you purchase? GT Sedan / Limited / Garnet Red Pearl 2. Is this your first Subaru? YES 3. What are your top three favorite features of your car? 2.5 Turbo engine Interior design exterior looks 4. What are your top three annoying aspects of your car? Seat Belt Chime No fold down rear seat Soft interior materials, though they look nice, collect scuffs, dirt, dust very easily 5. What three features do you wish were available for your car? Folding rear seat Heated Rear seats Better trip computer 6. What were the top three competing cars you considered purchasing instead of your Subaru? None 7. What was the number one reason you chose the Subaru over the other choices? N/A 8. Do you consider yourself an automotive enthusiast? If so, are you a "hard-core" or "casual" enthusiast? Casual Enthusiast 9. Would you be interested in Subaru-sponsored driver education events? Perhaps, depends on cost and location

1. What model/trim/color car did you purchase? GT Sedan 5EAT / Limited / Regal Blue Pearl - Charcoal Security, Dimming Mirror, Subwoofer 2. Is this your first Subaru? Yes 3. What are your top three favorite features of your car? AWD Performance Reliability 4. What are your top three annoying aspects of your car? Dual climate control - No single control option for & unexpected warm air Lack of storage No fold down rear seat or ski sack 5. What three features do you wish were available for your car? Premium stereo option with XM Satellite and more speakers Remote down/up windows/sunroof Homelink 6. What were the top three competing cars you considered purchasing instead of your Subaru? Audi A4 VW Passat BMW 325xi 7. What was the number one reason you chose the Subaru over the other choices? That "Got it have it feeling". 8. Do you consider yourself an automotive enthusiast? If so, are you a "hard-core" or "casual" enthusiast? Casual Enthusiast 9. Would you be interested in Subaru-sponsored driver education events? Yes, local ones

1. What model/trim/color car did you purchase? gt limited silver 5eat 2. Is this your first Subaru? nope 3. What are your top three favorite features of your car? awd, performance (i am starting to feel the need for more), reliability 4. What are your top three annoying aspects of your car? bumpers, tires, lack of all the JDM goodies :x 5. What three features do you wish were available for your car? jdm bumpers, better tires, jdm goodies 6. What were the top three competing cars you considered purchasing instead of your Subaru? 04 audi s4, g35x, tl, 4runner 7. What was the number one reason you chose the Subaru over the other choices? i'd have chosen a s4 if bush and his pets didn't cause all the problems :x and i knew for sure that i'd have a job after i finish grad school in 1.5 yrs. if there is a legacy sti by the time i get released i'd likely get one. 8. Do you consider yourself an automotive enthusiast? If so, are you a "hard-core" or "casual" enthusiast? casual at best? 9. Would you be interested in Subaru-sponsored driver education events? why not

This Space For Rent

[i]1. What model/trim/color car did you purchase?[/i] [b]'05 GT Wagon, 5MT, black (exterior and interior)[/b] [i]2. Is this your first Subaru?[/i] [b] Yes.[/b] [i]3. What are your top three favorite features of your car?[/i] [b]Acceleration, handling, AWD.[/b] [i]4. What are your top three annoying aspects of your car?[/i] [b] Flimsy doors, turn signal (poor auto cancel and too quiet), rear windows.[/b] [i]5. What three features do you wish were available for your car?[/i] [b] Inexpensive rims for winter tires, auto down on all windows, rear windows that go all the way down.[/b] [i]6. What were the top three competing cars you considered purchasing instead of your Subaru?[/i] [b]BMW 325/330xi wagon, Mazda 6 (5-door and wagon), Passat wagon[/b] [i]7. What was the number one reason you chose the Subaru over the other choices?[/i] [b] Fun-to-drive quotient = (accel+handling)/cost[/b] [i]8. Do you consider yourself an automotive enthusiast? If so, are you a "hard-core" or "casual" enthusiast? [/i] [b] No.[/b] [i]9. Would you be interested in Subaru-sponsored driver education events? [/i] [b] Yes. [/b]

Thanks for the replies so far everyone! I've started compiling the results, and will post them up some time this week. I'll try to keep updating them as stragglers come in. Hope everyone is enjoying their cars - and I hope Subaru is paying attention - I've been getting some decent feedback from both forums.

1. What model/trim/color car did you purchase? Legacy GT Limited Wagon – Atlantic Blue with beige interior 2. Is this your first Subaru? No, it is my second. 3. What are your top three favorite features of your car? Turbo (for high altitude), AWD (for mountain snow), and large sunroof. 4. What are your top three annoying aspects of your car? Cannot position sunroof anyplace (VW comes to mind as a good example), suspension too soft (should be more of the WRX), Bass is a little boomy. 5. What three features do you wish were available for your car? A six speed manual (or taller overdrive – better fuel economy), a sport package (firmer suspension, better tires), better stereo. 6. What were the top three competing cars you considered purchasing instead of your Subaru? Audi A4 Avant, BMW 325xi wagon, Volva V50 AWD wagon. 7. What was the number one reason you chose the Subaru over the other choices? Best Value with AWD (reliability was second). 8. Do you consider yourself an automotive enthusiast? If so, are you a "hard-core" or "casual" enthusiast? Yes, but casual only. 9. Would you be interested in Subaru-sponsored driver education events? Yes.

Archived