LegacyGT.com

Problem with Borla Exhaust Tips?? HELP

JBurke

Hi guys, I installed my Borla CBE the other weekend and have been loving it. Heres the problem: The mufflers are constantly shifting, and now my right can is dangerously close to the muffler (like with half a centimeter). Im taking it into the shop Friday to see what they can do, but I had a question - what sort of steps would have prevented this "muffler creep"? Any help/information regarding this would be greatly appreciated, I really dont want to burn my bumper cover :(.

Thanks!

I just installed my Borla CBE today, I actually thought the cans are hanging a little too low. I have the Cobb hangers, but once I saw how stiff they are I gave up and just used the OEM ones...

Now I kind of wish I used them so the tips wouls fit better into the cutouts on the bumper.

Anyways, I'll probably try whenever I have some time.

Hey guys... I just got my Borla Catback and I'm almost ready to isntall it. Just waiting on a few more parts. I noticed the tips have a hole in them in the middle top portion of the muffler tip. What is up with that. I'm assuming it won't be very noticeable but what is the deal?

Also... are you telling me the system is going to sit lower than stock? I was hoping it would fit perfectly just like the OEM system hangs. I really wasn't looking forward to modifying the system adn fabricating my own stuff. There is a reason why I paid for borla!!!

Lastly, the tips are nice and polished but the rest of the system looks...blah...

Do you think that with some polish I can get the mufflers to look nice and shiny too? Anyone have any experience with it?

Thanks

548781561_borlaonfloor.JPG.175c64a840d45e270e2a51693ed9729e.JPG

728988789_litttlehole.JPG.ce6f0d6c85ffe196bf5e4fe9601986b4.JPG

372081874_polishmuffler.JPG.5b465ebccf213fd806b21fa251b2eaad.JPG

the borla fits perfect. it looks like from the picture you have the exhaust laid out the wrong way. the longer of the muffler tubing should be on the passenger side.

this will put the holes on the bottem, so the moisture can drain out.

Work hard. Play even harder.

My Garage

the borla fits perfect. it looks like from the picture you have the exhaust laid out the wrong way. the longer of the muffler pipes should be on the passenger side.

I think you are correct. Probably would have been self evident when I tried to smash them on and they didn't fit right. :lol:

They just don't sit well on the ground when you flip them over.

However, that does help with the hole in the tip. If I flip them around then the holes in the muffler will face down. Perhaps to train any excess moister that would build up inside the rolled tip.. I DON"T KNOW.. but if they are facing the ground they won't be nearly as noticealbe....and I wont' see them while I'm washing them on a weekly basis.

Thanks!

Do you think that with some polish I can get the mufflers to look nice and shiny too? Anyone have any experience with it?

I'm wondering if you would need to to this at all....

It's my understanding ( I should say here, though, that I have not seen the Borla fitted to the LGT in-person! ;) ) that the Borla muffler cans themselves are tucked up quite a bit higher than even our stock cans, and thus should not be visible from the exterior views of the vehicle to on-lookers.

Can anyone please verify? :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

I'm wondering if you would need to to this at all....

It's my understanding ( I should say here, though, that I have not seen the Borla fitted to the LGT in-person! ;) ) that the Borla muffler cans themselves are tucked up quite a bit higher than even our stock cans, and thus should not be visible from the exterior views of the vehicle to on-lookers.

Can anyone please verify? :)

Yep, Can't see the Borla cans unless you are on the ground or your car is up on a rollback.:icon_surp

Vir Est Fatum Ut Perficio Concepta Suus Progenies. - Man is destined to fulfill the capacity of his lineage (i.e. Darwinism):rolleyes:

i put on the borla a couple weeks ago, and the right tip sits just a lil higher than the left (but both in the center laterally in the cutout, and virtually the same as stock). of course i notice it, just b/c i'm obsessive compulsive with that s**t, but realistically it is hardly a big deal. plus i love the sound so i just ignore the slight imperfection.

I already put SOME pics up... and believe me after it is installed EVEN BETTER PICS!!!

Wish I could attach a vid/audio file easily. I heard it wasn't easy and I don't want to sign up with a third party site.

If anyone wants them or wants to post them up for me I can email the video.

We can compare the borla sound to the sound when I have the UP and DP on with it next week.

Archived