LegacyGT.com

06 Legacy GT or 06 Accord Coupe V6 MT6

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
... I see the numbers of sales of Accords, and Camrys. My individual count will never go to them. However, the new Camry makes a compelling arguement. If AWD, and proven safety are on par with the LGT, we have a contender. ...

A FWD based AWD system will never been as good at the LGT's, they cant build a better sports car for the money than mazda, and the Mazdaspeed 6 has been pretty much beatin by the LGT ... nevermind toyota hasnt but a manual tranny in the camry for over 15 years probably.

I love my car ... basically.

A FWD based AWD system will never been as good at the LGT's, they cant build a better sports car for the money than mazda, and the Mazdaspeed 6 has been pretty much beatin by the LGT ... nevermind toyota hasnt but a manual tranny in the camry for over 15 years probably.

Not in the V6. Like whats the point in the 4 cyl. Stupid Toyota. Just like the new IS or the GS too in which the AWD model only comes with the SMALLER ENGINE and no choice of manual tranny. DUMB!

maybe so, the Mazdaspeed is raw. Interesting contrast in reviews from Car and Driver, and Sport Compact Car. The Mazdaspeed 6 will be better in '08 I am sure, but now, I wouldn't buy one. Was never impressed with its delayed release. This was one of my top 5 cars to buy. Dissapointed Mazda took so long, and it still is not a polished as it could be.

For your car audio/video needs:D

Audio Crafters IS it.

In Pasadena Ca. Arthur rules.

www.audio-crafters.com

... The Mazdaspeed 6 will be better in '08 I am sure, but now, I wouldn't buy one. Was never impressed with its delayed release. This was one of my top 5 cars to buy. Dissapointed Mazda took so long, and it still is not a polished as it could be.

well else can they do to the car other than develop their own AWD system ??? (they used one that when in their mazda 6 U.K. version)

Congrats for even considering the LGT -- most don't even know it exists.

This is a real left brain/right brain question. If you're looking for a practical car that will never require an explanation to your friends/familly, get the Accord. If you even think you will suffer buyer's remorse based on MPG, buy the Accord. However, if you are a gearhead, love the rush of the turbo, and are even considering mods, get the LGT. BTW, I wouldn't waste money on an extended warranty -- in most cases, it's just extra profit.

I don't really know much about the Accord, does it have LSD?

Anyway, and in response to the Accord sales...I personally believe sales dont determine ish. Yeah, many people buy Honda's woohoo. They are cheap and reliable. I just dont understand why anyone wouldnt get an LGT for a few grand more...AWD and just a sexy car. Thats just me though...haha

I went through the same thought process. My commute is 90 miles round trip and the only way I can stand it is to be in something that is truly fun to drive. That made the decision to go with the Legacy a no brainer and one I have not regretted for a second. Now I look forward to the commute more than any other part of the work day.

Honda does make great cars though.

I sell both Acura and Subaru and I get comparisons all the time from both the TSX and TL to the LGT. The best way I can sum it up is this, the Acuras (and the EX accord) are very nice cars, the navi is the best in the business and they are very comfortable. The LGT: WOW. One drive should be all it takes and the LGT shines as a drivers car. The Accord, like the TL will drive well, even when pushed but it torque steers really bad (VSA helps but you still feel the tug)... the TSX is a joke, it handles great but can't get out of its own way. Persoanlly, wait for the 07's. They come out in a month-ish and will have some nice upgrades that level the playing field (folding rear seats, XM, etc).

The best way I can sum it up is this, the Acuras (and the EX accord) are very nice cars, the navi is the best in the business and they are very comfortable. The LGT: WOW. One drive should be all it takes and the LGT shines as a drivers car.

i think you summed it up perfectly (though i didn't get the chance to test the 6mt accord, i did test the hybrid accord and the 5at tl). the tl: BLAH. needless to say, i was really dissapointed. the magazines made it sound much less boring to drive. no walk, i ran back to the subie dealership after that test drive.

I sell both Acura and Subaru and I get comparisons all the time from both the TSX and TL to the LGT. The best way I can sum it up is this, the Acuras (and the EX accord) are very nice cars, the navi is the best in the business and they are very comfortable. The LGT: WOW. One drive should be all it takes and the LGT shines as a drivers car. The Accord, like the TL will drive well, even when pushed but it torque steers really bad (VSA helps but you still feel the tug)... the TSX is a joke, it handles great but can't get out of its own way. Persoanlly, wait for the 07's. They come out in a month-ish and will have some nice upgrades that level the playing field (folding rear seats, XM, etc).

SOO basically the Subies rule and Honda's suck ahhaha :icon_bigg:icon_bigg

Not in the V6. Like whats the point in the 4 cyl. Stupid Toyota.

I know for Camry its got to be because if you buy a Camry with a stick its obviously because you're the ultimate cheap skate (like my dad who has a '00 Camry with a stick). There's no good reason to buy a Camry with a stick. Car is just as slow with the pedal pushed to the floor.

SOO basically the Subies rule and Honda's suck ahhaha :icon_bigg:icon_bigg

No, subies aren't without faults... they are just more special vehicles. From a base Impreza to a spec.B or an STI they are drivers' cars. Its rare to find these days period, much less with such robust reliability and safety, and at such a good price to boot.

Why an Accord? If the reason is other than price than chances are you could find an Acura with the same interior only accented with some more wood and a freshend exterior, but in most cases (not the TSX) more power. Compare that to the LGT.

....it is really sad how similar some of those interiors are to Honda. But hey, people buy em. My friend has an '95 SE Legend. They took an L leftover from 1994, sewed SE in the floor mats and replaced the tape deck with a cd player. + $1800. Guess I have some angst for Acura that I didnt realize.

Thanks to everyone that has responded to my post.

The enthusiasm and passion everyone has shown for their Legacy GT's is truly oustanding. It confirms my feelings about how great the Legacy GT felt when I test drove it. Everyones comments have helped me make up my mind to get the Legacy GT.

I thought I had located the car I wanted (color, mt, spoiler etc). NorthEast supposed to have a $1500 rebate..but when I checked the final dealer numbers on a lease the customer cash back wasn't there. Dealer said on a lease they could only give a better rate but not the customer cash...hmmm didn't feel right to me especially since it increased the amound of cap cost cash I needed to put down. Dealer also said they had a request for the car from another dealer that had it sold so I would have to decide right now. Whether that is true or not - I respond to pressure on my wallet by walking away - which I did. Depressing to be almost there BUT the silver lining may be the post BOY made that mentioned the 07's are due out in about a month and that they will have XM...something I do want as I'm tired of my MYFI hanging on my dashboard along with its ugly antenna taped to the top of my dash!

My Audi - while 7 years old- wasn't used much so it only has 34,000 miles and no monthly payments which allows me to keep saving up for my Legacy GT. Hopefully with only 34k on the odo my A4 has low enough miles to avoid the costly Audi repairs I keep hearing about until I can get my LGT:icon_lol:

btw...Kudos to the legacygt.com board ops for having such a great site!

The enthusiasm and passion everyone has shown for their Legacy GT's is truly oustanding. It confirms my feelings about how great the Legacy GT felt when I test drove it. Everyones comments have helped me make up my mind to get the Legacy GT.

YAY !!!

We would all like to see you around the forum more, im sure

Well, to be fair you have to go to the Honda forums and let them tell you what a POS our LGTs are!:lol:

I wonder what they would say ....

":jedi: Our cars have VTEC, VTEC DAMMIT, as if not every single manufacture uses variable value timing, but we have VTEC DAMMIT ... now to the Temple of VTEX ... OMG VTEC"

Archived