LegacyGT.com

Antenna Adapters

rao

I just received the parts needed to make 3 antenna adapters so I could hook up an fm modulator. I should have a chance to make a prototype this weekend. If everything works out, I should have 2 available for sale. I could also order some more parts if the design works and if there is interest from enough people. I'm not sure about the cost yet or the time frame since it took about 2 months for just these samples to arrive.

[quote name='krompir']I just received the parts needed to make 3 antenna adapters so I could hook up an fm modulator. I should have a chance to make a prototype this weekend. If everything works out, I should have 2 available for sale. I could also order some more parts if the design works and if there is interest from enough people. I'm not sure about the cost yet or the time frame since it took about 2 months for just these samples to arrive.[/QUOTE] Yeah, I got some samples of the connectors from Hirose, and it took about 6 weeks. By then, I had already hacked another solution! CRaig

[quote name='mvigneau']Would you be willing to sell those? I am interested in setting it up and since I wouldn't have to wait 6 weeks if I bought them from you, that would be great.[/QUOTE] Heck yeah, you can have one! The thing is, they only sent me one type of connector (the one that would plug into the car harness). You'd still need to find the other connector that plugs into the radio. These are the parts I got (6 of the first two, 12 of the last one): Plug body = GT13SCN-2/1PP-HU Retainer = GT13SC-2/1PP-R Internal connection = GT13-2428/1.6-2.9PCF These are the ones still needed: Plug body = GT13SC-2/1S-HU Retainer = GT13SC-2/1S-R internal connection = GT13-2428/1.6-2.9SCF If you want, try to request some samples at [url]www.needasample.com[/url]. It's pretty much impossible to buy the parts in small quantities (they are sold by the thousands at the OEM level), so samples are the best way to go. Craig

Hello Mike Vigneau, xxxxx has received a status update from Jean Fierro at Hirose Electric, USA, Inc.. Please see details below. Order #: 131-21982-21457 Part #(s): GT13SCN-2/1PP-HU, GT13SC-2/1PP-R, GT13-2428/1.6-2.9PCF, GT13SC-2/1S-HU, GT13SC-2/1S-R Manufacturer: Hirose Electric, USA, Inc. Ordered for: xxxxx Updated Status: Approve Request Estimated Ship Date: 02/14/05 So I should receive them sometime in February.

• 3 weeks later...
Well they have updated my status on my order. They have actually shipped them out and I should be receiving them next week. Jean Fierro at Hirose Electric, USA, Inc. updated shipping status for Order #131-21982-21457, Part #(s)GT13SCN-2/1PP-HU, GT13SC-2/1PP-R, GT13-2428/1.6-2.9PCF, GT13SC-2/1S-HU, GT13SC-2/1S-R (details below). Tracking Number: 1z9011960358664571 Ship Date: 02/01/05 Carrier: UPS

[font=Century Gothic]Can't wait until all the electronic geeks can figure out a no-brainer method! [/font] [font=Century Gothic]Until then, I am not playing my 6,000+ mp3 collection in my '05 OB XT-LTD. CD's sound fine with the 6 CD changer + subwoofer. Since I hate dragging a lot of CD's around, I tried a small lighter plug-in modulator with a built in USB port for memory stick or any other USB device. I'm plugging in my Lexar 1GB Jump Drive and accessing 13-15 full albums on the road. Yeah, loss in quality, but I am old enough to remember my first 8-Track car stereo, so I can handle it until the electronic geeks get this sube glitch resolved. I do like the easy, quick, music of my choice in any vehicle I happen to jump into (including rentals) at any given moment by just plugging this unit into the lighter. [/font] [font=Century Gothic]See it here: [url="http://www.virtualrealitysoundlabs.com/vr3_fmmod.html"]http://www.virtualrealitysoundlabs.com/vr3_fmmod.html[/url][/font] [font=Century Gothic]The Lighter Plug-In Modulator cost [b][u]24 bucks[/u][/b] at Checker Auto and I already had the Jump Drive to plug into the USB port. For that amount, I can put up with the dampened quality until there is a fix that does not take an electronics wizard or a bucket of money to resolve. BTW, you can plug in audio cable into this unit also.[/font] [font=Century Gothic]Keep up all the great research...[/font]

Archived