LegacyGT.com

15000 Miles and a lot of loot

Just got hit with a $300 something bill for the 15000 mile service. Is this about what you guys are paying? Pretty steep for an 'affordable' car! Especially considering that the only things they changed were the oil and brake fluid! Apparently servicing a subaru requires labor rates close to a doctor! SOA better check them selves before the wreck themselves!

Just got hit with a $300 something bill for the 15000 mile service. Is this about what you guys are paying? Pretty steep for an 'affordable' car! Especially considering that the only things they changed were the oil and brake fluid! Apparently servicing a subaru requires labor rates close to a doctor! SOA better check them selves before the wreck themselves!
way too much.

Denial is your best friend

Since you are in Queens is this a Subaru dealership in Queens?

They charged me $34 for rotating the tires at Port Subaru in Roslyn which I thought was a lot. I am coming up on my 10K oil change and even though I have a free oil change I don't want any surprises.

X

---

Jeeze! Thats nothing, my dealer also wanted to replace the air filter and gap the plugs! Told them to F off. They wanted like 500 bucks!
"Belief does not make truth. Evidence makes truth. And belief does not make evidence."

15000 mi. check at my dealer (gerald subaru n. aurora il.) is oil/ filter change $25.25, brake inspection $52.50, inspect trans?, rotate & balance tires $37.50, in cabin filter $48.95, air filter $25.00, fuel filter $49.00, coolant, suspension, fuel system check, total $256.20, bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

This was at grand Prix subaru in hicksville, I guess they need to pay for that big ass facility they just built. looks like I'll never be going there again, unless its under warranty and free!

Wow, seems like quite a few dealers have their own maintenance schedule for the LGT. My service manual says air filter & coolant replacement at 30k not 15k

BOSKO: I see they wanted $49.50 to chg the fuel filter..I have seen posts on

here that say--it is IN the fuel tank..??Do any of you know--Do they drop the tank ? or can they remove thru the top of the tank ?? Just curious ...

Deadeye

they have a menu of services sheet with mileages listed, all it says for fuel filter is replace/price, do not know where it is located, but i can't believe they would drop tank for $49.00 with filter included, bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

Guest *Jedimaster*
brake inspection $52.50

Oh, I love shit like this- you mean you'll physically look at my brakes for 50 bucks? :lol:

brake inspection- inspect pads, rotors, brake lines, hoses, lining and parking brake. adjust and clean as needed, $52.50, this is exactly as written on menu, i do get 10% off on this work per service manager, lol, bosco
Stay Stock Stay Happy

they have a menu of services sheet with mileages listed, all it says for fuel filter is replace/price, do not know where it is located, but i can't believe they would drop tank for $49.00 with filter included, bosco

there is an access panel under the rear seat for the fuel pump. However we dont run a filter, we use a sock that is attached to the pump. most socks last 60-100k.

Work hard. Play even harder.

My Garage

The fuel filter on 05-06 LGTs doesn't need to be changed until anywhere between 60,000 and 100,000 mile depending on the quality of gas used and conditions driven. I think the fuel filter is located in the fuel pump. Good rule to live by: Change the filter if you have poor gas milage and hesitation.

Jeeze! Thats nothing, my dealer also wanted to replace the air filter and gap the plugs! Told them to F off. They wanted like 500 bucks!

Have you seen how expensive a pack of spark plug gaps are though? I mean jesus its like they're in high demand latetly or something!

:lol:

Check vacation pix. Fuel filter is an integral part of the fuel pump. The fuel filter is not designed to be replaced at all in the 05+ Legacy GT. If they say they have changed it, ask them how they did it without charging you for a fuel pump too. Man, Subaru stealers get my goat. Sorry you got raked over the hot coals. I'd say an overcharge like that for service that is not needed should be reported to SOA, and you should ask the stealer for a refund.

This is the kind of feeback and discussion that I was trying to get in my "new member" post. http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35209 In that post I provide a link to a survey of maintenance costs for older cars in Britain.

Here in Canada we have a double edged cost sword in that the "suggested" retail price for EACH Yokohama OEM tire is around $442, and a dealer quoted $485 a tire for snows ! So too the Spring season brings road bumps that pound the cabin.

The good news is that everyone I talked to was in love with their Subies. For example, a Torontonian loved his 2000 Outlback. He had about 70,000 miles on the car + a new head gasket that may or may not have been replaced under warrranty.

So if you could start your car search all over again .. Deal Or no deal ?

PS:

I watched a French language program RPM compare the Murano to the Trebecia. The Trebecia won and, among other things, its undercarriage had more "thought put into it" !

I watched a French language program RPM compare the Murano to the Trebecia. The Trebecia won and, among other things, its undercarriage had more "thought put into it" !

I can understand that! I did an oil change last week and I spent about ten minutes just starring at the undercarraige. My wife thought I was crazy. I was marvelling at the way Subaru put things together. Everything is so simple, compact and smart. Like someone actually spent a lot of time figuring it all out. Nothing looked out of place or sticking out at funny angles.

You don't even have to slide under the Murano to see that its not like a Subaru. Next time you see one from the side look at the exhaust hanging underneath it WTF :lol:

Archived