LegacyGT.com

Just bought 2006 Spec.B #64 today, finally!!

Congrats on the Spec b!

Picked mine up in January and I absolutely love it!

I did nice quality dark tint all around.

Cleaned up the back a little also known as debadging.

(If it doesn't say spec b it was gone!)

Just ordered Cobb AP, UP, DP, Borla CBE, Cobb Short Throw Shifter, Urethane Busings!!!!

Packages should start arriving tomorrow!

I really don't think the car needs any more power. I had to drive an hour on backroads today and it never lacked power. Whenever I pushed it pushed right back.

Have fun and enjoy!

INCREDIBLE PRICE! I knew they would start going down but I wasn't going to risk loosing the chance to own one and I didn't want to wait until sept. 06 to buy the next model year.

I guess with all the talk of the 07 spec b the dealers are finally giving on the price.

Yeah. I hear ya. Thanks for all the positive support!

I'm pretty much doing everything you're doing mod-wise. I agree, the car needs little else than what you and I stated (except an upgrade to the crappy speakers + a sub) and a understated lip on the trunk like JapBoy's. That's all. I get sick at the thought of ricey Batman wings and such - what a crime that would be. Maybe it's my age at this point (34) but I like sleepers, and understated elegance not people who scream: LOOK AT ME! I've had my share of that in my teens with an IROC and Grand National (should have kept that one). I've had my share of run-ins with the PoPo, towing, tickets, blaa blaa. No more. I've been good for many years now. But I do still love power.

Please let me know what your experiece is after you install all that stuff since it's pretty much exactly what I'll be doing.

I took the car on it's maiden highway voyage last night (NYC to Peekskill) about 45 miles each way. Awesome drive up the Taconic! Wow! Car is fabulous even with the wife and 7 year old weighing me down. Couldn't really get on it though pask 4K RPM as reccomended. Pulls nicely even in 5th gear for passing. I didn't have to downshift much at all. I'll have to take a couple more trips this week to break it in then I can have real fun.

I think this weekend I'll do the speaker upgrade, amp and small sub box (maybe 2 10's - don't want to lose trunk space too much).

Congrats to you too! Great purchase! So far, I don't regret a thing.

:icon_tong

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

I had similar feelings when I first bought the car.

The first thing I noticed was the audio was not what I was used to. I owned a 2000 Nissan Maxima SE. They used to have the 4DSC logo on the rear window.

4 Door Sports Car :)

That car was plenty kick with 222 and the new ones are insane. I was very tempted to stick with Nissan. I never had one major prolbme in 175k miles. The car was very good to me. I wanted to try something else and I loved the idea of AWD. Plus when the spec b came out it sealed my decision. 18" rims, good looks, decent power, AWD, Navigation (a must with 175k miles/5 years) and upgraded suspension. Can't go wrong with that combo!

I was a little hesitant to get the 5spd with all the driving I do but I actually enjoy it much more!

Back to the audio... I had the bose system of course with lots of speakers and a small sub. By far the best factory stereo I've ever owned. In fact it was the only car that I left the factory system in. I'v done the 1200 watt systems with 2 12s, amps, and the whole 9 yards. I don't need that much volume anymore but I thought it could be helped. Right now I'm spending my money on other things as I've put the audio to the side. Of course with the Subaru designed center stack I won't be messing with the head unit so I'd have to look into what everyoen else does around here which I guess isn't too much of a pain but none the less it will be some work. I've learned to live with the lack of power from the speakers and as soon as I've got stage2 up and running I don't think I'll miss the loud music!:lol:

Remember the STI didnt' even come with a stereo in the beginning...if you can believe that!

I will probably post some comments when I install all my goodies and let you know how it all went! Should be fun!

Yeah. I hear ya. Thanks for all the positive support!

I'm pretty much doing everything you're doing mod-wise. I agree, the car needs little else than what you and I stated (except an upgrade to the crappy speakers + a sub) and a understated lip on the trunk like JapBoy's. That's all. I get sick at the thought of ricey Batman wings and such - what a crime that would be. Maybe it's my age at this point (34) but I like sleepers, and understated elegance not people who scream: LOOK AT ME! I've had my share of that in my teens with an IROC and Grand National (should have kept that one). I've had my share of run-ins with the PoPo, towing, tickets, blaa blaa. No more. I've been good for many years now. But I do still love power.

Please let me know what your experiece is after you install all that stuff since it's pretty much exactly what I'll be doing.

I took the car on it's maiden highway voyage last night (NYC to Peekskill) about 45 miles each way. Awesome drive up the Taconic! Wow! Car is fabulous even with the wife and 7 year old weighing me down. Couldn't really get on it though pask 4K RPM as reccomended. Pulls nicely even in 5th gear for passing. I didn't have to downshift much at all. I'll have to take a couple more trips this week to break it in then I can have real fun.

I think this weekend I'll do the speaker upgrade, amp and small sub box (maybe 2 10's - don't want to lose trunk space too much).

Congrats to you too! Great purchase! So far, I don't regret a thing.

:icon_tong

• 4 weeks later...

OK. I'm gonna breakdown my purchase price since there's been some confusion.

• 32707.00 - Cash Price
  • 00012.50 - Tire Fee
  • 02739.21 - 8.375% Tax (uggh!)
  • 00130.00 - DMV
  • 00045.00 - Dealer Fee
  • 35633.71 - Subtotal
  • ---------------------------
  • 02000.00 - Rebate (Was available in NY/NJ on all Legacys until May 31st)
  • 33633.71 - Total (out-the-door)

Phooey on the Taxman.

________________________________________________ [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1980"]'05 BSM OBXT Row-your-own, W.I.P. :rolleyes:[/URL] [URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=1242"]'06 Shrek B # 64 - The car the wife loved to hate :( Sold...[/URL]

OK. I'm gonna breakdown my purchase price since there's been some confusion.

• 32707.00 - Cash Price
  • 00012.50 - Tire Fee
  • 02739.21 - 8.375% Tax (uggh!)
  • 00130.00 - DMV
  • 00045.00 - Dealer Fee
  • 35633.71 - Subtotal
  • ---------------------------
  • 02000.00 - Rebate (Was available in NY/NJ on all Legacys until May 31st)
  • 33633.71 - Total (out-the-door)

Phooey on the Taxman.

You got a good deal. I paid about 800 more I think.

Awesome car! New mods make it feel even better!

Cobb AP, DP, UP Borla CBE

New Cobb Adustable Short Throw Shifter I just installed was awesome.

Love the shift!

just watch out trimming the plate took the longest.. thing is like 8 inches thick.

Plus I had to trim some of the foam and rubber where second gear was having trouble getting into.

WIth those modifications the thing is shifting sweet!!! Totally shorter throw and I have the shift knob down to the floor. AWESOME!

You got a good deal. I paid about 800 more I think.

Awesome car! New mods make it feel even better!

Cobb AP, DP, UP Borla CBE

New Cobb Adustable Short Throw Shifter I just installed was awesome.

Love the shift!

just watch out trimming the plate took the longest.. thing is like 8 inches thick.

Plus I had to trim some of the foam and rubber where second gear was having trouble getting into.

WIth those modifications the thing is shifting sweet!!! Totally shorter throw and I have the shift knob down to the floor. AWESOME!

Yah. Thanks.

Just got my Cobb STS and bushings today! Can't wait to put them on. Thanks for the advice. Chop the metal plate? The directions say to remove it if you have to not hax it.

Dammit. My MoMo is gettin' really hot in the sun the last few days. Ouch!

Archived