LegacyGT.com

SO i went autocrossing on this saturday..

whitetiger

And since im in 'Street Modified' class with a stock suspension, i think i did pretty well, considering the competition. I came in 6th

Here are the results

http://www.autox4u.com/2006results/5132006nnjr.htm

The track was very forgiving to cars with power. So im surprised i beat some of the cars i beat. some were very heavily modded, and putting out way more power than me.

Was at englishtown. $40 for non-scca members, $30 if you were a member. we got 8 runs total.

that's a good price and good amount of runs... good seat time value for an autox. 60 out of 103 drivers isnt that bad.

Keefe

that's awesome! the first time i did auto cross (2 wks ago) I sucked! i was dead LAST! but i did win in my class. ;) (i was the only one). also, street modified, but ladies. at the end of the day however, i decreased my time by about 11 seconds, so i was still improving. the next weekend, i did ok, i wasn't the last one for sure, but i did eat a lot of cones.
Wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle wiggle yeah!!!

that's a good price and good amount of runs... good seat time value for an autox. 60 out of 103 drivers isnt that bad.

yeah, i as very happy with myself since it was only my third autox. those Evos were rediculous. they were as fast as the 911 GT3 that was there. I had no chance at beating them. Time for coilovers.

that's awesome! the first time i did auto cross (2 wks ago) I sucked! i was dead LAST! but i did win in my class. ;) (i was the only one). also, street modified, but ladies. at the end of the day however, i decreased my time by about 11 seconds, so i was still improving. the next weekend, i did ok, i wasn't the last one for sure, but i did eat a lot of cones.

I thought you autoxed before??

Keefe

yeah, i as very happy with myself since it was only my third autox. those Evos were rediculous. they were as fast as the 911 GT3 that was there. I had no chance at beating them. Time for coilovers.

tires ;) but more seat time with an instructor or better driver is better (heck, ride in with a slower car but a faster guy, they are the REALLY fast guys, that's how you learn how a slower car with a really good driver can beat a faster car with a slower driver).

I recognize some of the guys that ran in your event (especially some of the pro guys).

Keefe

yes. my husband's base vibe (130-140 hp) beat my LGT! only by fractions of seconds, but he drove the courses (both times) almost flawlessly, not with wreckless abandon like i did! lol.

nope, this year is the first time for me. i can't drive my car well so figured this would be a great way to learn. i can drive in a straight line fine, but not around cones in a circle or slalom or otherwise. still gotta work on my braking and launching in my auto. (not to mention simply parking)

tires ;) but more seat time with an instructor or better driver is better (heck, ride in with a slower car but a faster guy, they are the REALLY fast guys, that's how you learn how a slower car with a really good driver can beat a faster car with a slower driver).

I recognize some of the guys that ran in your event (especially some of the pro guys).

I have tires. Not R-compounds but close. Yokohama advan neova Ado7's. Since i have a stock suspension, its better to compare my car's times to the D-stock class since thats where my car would be if it werent for my cobb stage 2. I also started to experiment with tire preassure more. it seems i turn beter with a lower preasure up front than in the rear.

I have tires. Not R-compounds but close. Yokohama advan neova Ado7's. Since i have a stock suspension, its better to compare my car's times to the D-stock class since thats where my car would be if it werent for my cobb stage 2. I also started to experiment with tire preassure more. it seems i turn beter with a lower preasure up front than in the rear.

If i can get away from work,maybe I'll see you at the next event. I used to run a

SM 02 WRX at all the NNJR events back in 2003/2004. Kevin (SM EVO) is very fast,

and has more seat time in that EVO than I have street miles in my Spec B.

The NNJR guys run a great event,always well organized.Look for me if you go next time I usually run as SM62,but may switch class to ESP/DSP?

Dave

all this talk about auto-x is making me itch to race... you think the best route to take is to bring out my stock legacy just to get a feel before i start to look into suspension upgrades?

if you are thinking of suspension upgrades, then DEFINITELY get them! stock ride has incredible body roll. :( my old vibe GT handled much much better! i still had a bit of body roll on Tein S-techs and just front strut brace. I'd like to maybe get some F/R swaybars to help more, but more than anything, TIRES!

New rules allow for boost in Street Prepared... So you don't have to run Street Modified. DSP would be the class for the LGT.

i have engine mgt w/ the Cobb AP so that throws me into Street Modified. oh well... i'd still suck in any of the classes. atleast i'm improving and having a lot of fun!

all this talk about auto-x is making me itch to race... you think the best route to take is to bring out my stock legacy just to get a feel before i start to look into suspension upgrades?

YES!!!! run in the stock class (which allows r-compounds that fit on stock rims) and a front sway bar. Kick some of the WRXS out of there~ :D

Keefe

New rules allow for boost in Street Prepared... So you don't have to run Street Modified. DSP would be the class for the LGT.

I dont recall anything like that.. what I did read in the rule book was was any mod that indirectly affects boost is ok. There was another thread that a bunch of us talked about the GT in ESP and what is deemed allowed.

Keefe

if you are thinking of suspension upgrades, then DEFINITELY get them! stock ride has incredible body roll. :( my old vibe GT handled much much better! i still had a bit of body roll on Tein S-techs and just front strut brace. I'd like to maybe get some F/R swaybars to help more, but more than anything, TIRES!

if you can run in a stock class, do so because of the PAX index.. it is very helpful when anyone decides to run in a regional or national tour event and even better, a Prosolo event.

I was lucky to fall into STS and get out of STU simply it was very hard to outrun a GS mini with Hoosiers in my STU GT. PAX index is a pretty cool way to put some pressure on the faster guys when you drive a slower car :icon_bigg i love it. Now that I drive more of the 2.5RS in STS (which is basically a G-stock class car via PAX index), it's a lot of fun to make the guys run that much harder.. i love setting the bar high for the faster guys.. gotta make them feel bad for driving a fast, well setup car :lol:

Keefe

I autox with the top 3 finishers at your event and all three of the are VERY FAST. They are all good guys to so don't be afraid to ask them a question or two they are a weatlh of info. Jan's EVO is scary:icon_twis

Your man has Vibe and you have an LGT?

wow he got screwed! lol.

I only found this funny because my wife has a base Vibe ;)

-Tronix(we call it the Vibe-Raider)GT

how'd he get screwed? he's not paying for the LGT. it's in my name, my money, etc. instead, he gets his base vibe he bought back in 04 that'll be almost paid off, married to a hot (if i do say so myself) car chick who doesn't mind modded cars myself or with the help of someone who knows more what to do, allows him to play his video games til 10 pm at night, drags him out to parties or in the summer time kayaking, hiking, whitewater rafting, etc. and most of all, who complains when HE doesn't want to have sex.... not to mention in a year, will be buying a house together and shortly after he'll be getting his STI. then i'll be getting whatever i decide on.... ;) he gets his dream wife, life, car, house, etc.... it's just a matter of when and in what order. lol

i drive 90% of the time for work, and he drives 3 miles to/from work. so that means i get the car for now. plus, i did have to support him for the 6 mos he was unemployed and going through immigration process. so yay me!

but his vibe still kicked my butt!

Archived