LegacyGT.com

paint chip repair

Depends on what all you are looking for. DupliColor has a good kit that has the sand paper, primer/filler, clear coat, and a couple brushes. All you need is the paint at that point.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

It could be touched up depending on how patient you are. Here is something that Dwayne has on his site that might help. Langka can make the job a lot easier, but there is a learning curve involved and the job will probably not be totally invisible. The only way to get it totally gone is to have it airbrushed. You are looking at probably between one and two hundred bucks for that.

Your first project should be to get some Meguiar's ScratchX and give that a shot. I know you said you could feel it with your fingernail, but there is a possibility it can be made a little less noticable with some polishing. Apply the product to the corner of a folded shop towel and rub it in the direction of the scratch. See if that helps any. If so, then dandy. It will probably still need to be painted, but at least you'll know it isn't something you could have fixed otherwise.

Thats what OCD had said few days ago.

• 1 year later...
To repair chips, I've used the standard Subaru touch up paint and a product from Langka (Langka.com). You apply the paint, wait a few hours, then use the compound from Langka to rub the "blob" until it is flush with the surrounding surface. I did about 10 chips on the front of the hood, and I can't find where most of them are (the one I can find had a slight dent). I was pretty skeptical (I bought it four years ago and only started using it last week), but I'm very impressed!

word. still good to know that the langka stuff works and i didn't just spend my money for no reason. :)

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

I just gave a bottle of Lanka to Euclid to try out on a scratch in his fender. He should be posting up some pictures and a review here in not too long. There is sort of a learning curve for Langka, but it works wonders. I just bought a bottle from http://www.Danase.com (a sponsor here), so if you are looking for some then that is where I'd go first. :) All you really need is the Blob Eliminator. What comes in the other kit is paint cleaner and polish and other stuff you probably already have. The Blob Eliminator is really the product you need.

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

thanks for the heads up i bought paint chip repair and blob from danase, my fault since i didn't know the kit comes with the blob elim as well. Sold it to a local though. Now the question is should i use the 1 oz bottle of paint i bought or the pen, i bought both thinking i would need it for different applications. I noticed the pen does not have any metallic flaking though.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

Archived