LegacyGT.com

boost gauge down in the ashtray location??

rallispec

opinions? is that too far down to be usefull? I have my XM reciever up in the cubby and i'm hesitant about mounting it to the steering column-- so my other option is buying a gauge pod and mounting off the a-pillar.

opinions? is that too far down to be usefull? I have my XM reciever up in the cubby and i'm hesitant about mounting it to the steering column-- so my other option is buying a gauge pod and mounting off the a-pillar.

You'll never be looking down there. Put it on the steering wheel column. It isn't that tough to do.

Be well.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

I'm the dude who put those two gauges (see pics that Hanger posted). I put two Autometer 52 mm gauges (oil pres. and water temp). You can definitely put three gauges, if you really want. I tried to fit three and it worked, but I didn't want three in there.

Because of the location, I installed gauges which I don't need to look at on a regular basis. Oil pres and water temp don't change quickly. I wouldn't put EGT or Boost or A/F (gauges that change readings on a millisecond basis). I have an Autometer vac/boost gauge on the steering column.

The gauge on the right is harder to look at when you shift in 3rd or 5th. THat's my only complaint.

I'm not all that great at working with plastics. Therefore, I suck at doing creative interior work. I have no patience. So, my easiest solution was put install painted plastic cut-out piece below the opening.

cool, thanks for your input.

I've got one gauge down there now so that i can keep the stock 12v power source --- i'm not real happy with how clean the install looks though, so when i touch it up i may remove the cigerette lighter to just to keep the smooth lines going.

i've found that boost isnt to bad to put down there, but if i were constantly wanting to see it - then yes, it's not a very good location. I just really didnt want something on the steering column.

Archived