LegacyGT.com

Silly question-need help

what color is the display on your rear view mirror's compass read out for those of you with the display not of the actual glass? in other words, your display is on the black frame, not the mirror. im looking to put one in a toyota and want a green display (they are available) and ended up with a blue display off ebay. please tell me you year and make and if you want to trade pristine mirrors let me know at rraabb11@yahoo.com

thanks!

The color of the compass readout is green on both the mirrors with the compass on the bottom and on the glass.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

if its on the mirror, its rare to have green. gentex only made a handful for fords. so, what you refer to as "green" is really blueish green if that makes sense. cipamirrors.com shows true green, made by donnelly, which is on the frame.

i really want a donnelly anti glare with compass green display. please mail if you want to swap or sell yours. thanks!

if its on the mirror, its rare to have green. gentex only made a handful for fords. so, what you refer to as "green" is really blueish green if that makes sense. cipamirrors.com shows true green, made by donnelly, which is on the frame.

i really want a donnelly anti glare with compass green display. please mail if you want to swap or sell yours. thanks!

You're right, the readouts are bluish green, not true green.

phoenix96

2006 Legacy GT Ltd · 2011 Outback 3.6R Ltd · 1992 SVX

2006 Outback 3.0R VDC · 2009 Forester 2.5X

2002 Outback VDC · 1996 Outback 2.5L · 1986 GL-10

Unless the backlight LEDs are blue, it won't otherwise.

If the backlight is near white, the red film will turn it red. If it is green, the red will block it out nearly completely. Blue film would turn it blue-green... etc.

It all depends on the color of the light source, and the film in front of it turns it the desired color.

It would be fun to mess with at the least... to see what can be done.

Archived