LegacyGT.com

Heated seats...intermittent?

If I crank the heat all the way up on the seat, it will get pretty hot initially, but will soon begin to cool down. I can turn it off and back on again and sometimes that makes it hot again. Hope this isn't something I missed in the manual (i.e. it's tied to the climate control, etc.), but it's disappointing either way. Thanks.

its a better idea, but I don't know if our cars were programmed to do that... search for the audiworld thread on what happens when you leave seat heaters on max for prolonged periods of time... It burns through the seats. You'll also notice on higher end vehicles such as the mercedes S class BMW 7 and Audi A8 that the seat heater automatically tones down after a set interval.

+1 to this ^^ If the seat continued to heat-up it would burn another hole in your butt.:icon_surp Had a volvo 940 that started smoking b/c of this! Not so good to have an "endless" heated seat.

(plus don't you think your _ss would sweat?)

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

Ditto what everyone said about the intermittent heated seats being normal.

W/ my heated seats, you don't feel anything unless its on full crank, and its slow as hell getting heated. My g/fs heated seats in her monte carlo do circles around ours.

That doesn't sound right. Go to a dealer, compare yours with one on the lot, and try to get them to fix it. I don't feel much in the lower positions, but the upper three are all noticable, especially the upper two.

I am fairly sure that the heated seats aren't on timers, but rather they warm to a set temp. The higher the setting the warmer teh seats will get before shutting off, then turning back on..... Most seats work this way to prevent over heating like most said on here. My seats, even on first setting, get warm enough for me.

I think I only put them on the second setting once, and it was minus -15 degrees outside....

I really only use them when it is cold out. If it is warm outside (maybe 40 or so degrees) you will notice they don't seem to get as warm but they are at the same temperature. It's all about perception I think..... Also, the more they are used, the less warm they will get. Think about a heating pad, after a few years they hardly get very hot anymore.. The coils get old...

Just my 2 cents.

Archived