LegacyGT.com

Should i sell spec b 4 S60R?

I wouldn't do it...

If you were upgrading cars, I would trade the leggy, but this is nothing but a mistake because I feel the LGT (especially the spec B!) is by far a better car...(don't forget about the sick hood scoop either...)

The other downside of the S60R is weight at over 2 tons. That said, everything I've read about the S60R or V70R was glowing (except reliability). The seats may be worth abandoning your LGT aone. ;) That particular Volvo looks a little too low, but otherwise is sweet. Either would be a blast, I'm sure.

I wouldn't trade in Your Spec.B for this. Its a nice car, but you got a limited edition ride. Which will gain value in the years. What will this one do for you?

And the looks, its pretty much dead even. Just which one do you perfer. Subaru has had great history in longetivity(sp?) in cars AFAIK. Volvo's are nice...i just don't know much about them. My vote, Spec.B all day. But that volvo is looking really nice though.

I have nothing against Volvos nor a special affinity for Subarus, but I like the LGT more than the S60R/V70R even not taking into account price and maintenance costs. (The V70 is basically an S60 wagon.) Throw the Volvos' higher initial purchase and maintenance costs into the equation and my preference for the LGT grows even stronger. The LGT is big and refined enough for me and I find it more fun to drive - no need to sacrafice even more fun for an even larger, heavier, and more refined car like the V70R.

To be clear I don't think the Volvo is a bad car, it's just not the car for me. For me its only advantages over the LGT are more comfortable seats and even more stealth (the latter might only apply to the wagons).

All that said, if after driving both back-to-back you like the Volvo more and it won't strain your budget, go for it. Get a car because you like it, not because anyone else does. Unless you're getting it for image reasons, i.e. because other people like it and you want to be associated with it, but then you wouldn't be debating between a Subaru and a Volvo in this price range in the first place :lol:

I was recently trying to decide between these 2 cars and here is what I came up with.

Pros for S60R:

- larger turbo + 5 cylinder (little awkward/unsmooth engine)

-nice large FMIC

-6 speed manual

-3 way adjustable suspension via cockpit control - with a noteable difference between the 3 modes (soft/normal/sport) says all magazine reviews

-BIG brakes - 4pot front calipers and 2 pot rear with larger rotors

Cons for S60R:

-heavier

-not as easy and cheap to modify and maintain

Pros for SpecB:

-Cobb Tuning with AccessTuner enough said =).

-VERY large and cheap aftermarket for performance upgrades that will easily make up for the 50hp/50tq deficet to the S60R.

-ligher weight

Cons for SpecB:

-only a 5 speed (up until last MY)

-crappier brakes than S60R

WHen you factor in the price difference and the fact you can now get a 6spd in the Spec B I would lean towards the spec B. Even without that I would have bought the Spec B becuase of the HUGE aftermarket for it. I did a >< pricing, probably not enough, and it looked like the average price for a DP on the S60R was between $900-1400!! Ouch.

I guess if you weren't going to modify it the stock HP, adjustable suspension, and bigger brakes might be enough to sway me to the S60R.

the brakes are pretty comprable due to the weight diff...

They will fade in the R about the same time as the B, given equivalent pads...

The suspension system has major quirks and problems. I was very close to getting a V70R and researched HEAVLIY for about 6 months. Way too many problems and idiosyncracies for me. Out of the box, the Spec-B, or LGT, will beat an R in a straight line until triple digits, will spank it on an Auto-X, and will be as good or better on a track...

Ted

:spin:

Archived