LegacyGT.com

replacing stock 1-disc with 6-disc changer (2.5i)

wingman25

the reason i say that is because, in the "I" and the spec ed., the only option was the single cd, when you move up to the limited, you can get the 6cd + heated seats+ auto temp control+ the option of going mp3, so if you don't have the extra connector for the atc, no dice; i saw one of the mp3 untis on ebay, and the dude had a nice pic of the rear of the unit, and the plugs are different;

to make matters worse, you can remove the standard manual a/c setup from the base model, but the limited it is all one piece and can't be swapped without some serious modifications......

Looks like it's not a 6 disc CD changer. Check out this ebay seller:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=230080619380

Don't know why they describe it as a CD changer. Very misleading.

Ah.. thanks for posting that link to clear this up

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

You guys are confusing two different issues. Those of us with 6CD radios have bigger problems. 1CD radios have tons of options.

Option 1: 1CD radios can simply be replaced using Metra's dash kit (which Crutchfield includes for free, along with the antenna adapter and wiring harness) with any 1DIN aftermarket radio you want.

Option 2: You could try swapping components from the 6CD radio into the 1CD radio. Not a very good chance that this will work, but no one has yet confirmed it doesn't.

Option 3: Get a cleansweep, aftermarket amps & speakers and set up an iPod or external CD changer on the amp. Very, very expensive, but will sound great and look stock.

Option 4: Mount a second radio in the cubby hole so you have two CD players. Get one that's either a 1DIN changer, or supports an external changer...or iPod or XM, or whatever.

Option 5: Get an external CD changer & use FM modulation. Doesn't sound very good, but it's easy and common.

If I had a 2.5i, I would have no problem deciding to go with Option 1, but it depends on what you want & how much money you want to spend.

Unfortunately I don't like neither of these options. I just want the stock stereo with Mp3 capability. Is there a way to buy the 07' stereo and switch it with mine? Does anybody knows if that’s going to work?

Unfortunately I don't like neither of these options. I just want the stock stereo with Mp3 capability. Is there a way to buy the 07' stereo and switch it with mine? Does anybody knows if that’s going to work?

oh well... mvigneau proved that it won't work. crap.

why not an aftermarket hu, more options available and then you could be sure it would work........

I like the integrated OE look, but in the end, I may have to break down and go the Metra route.

yea, the intergrated look does have it's advantages, but i prefer the extra capabilities in the aftermarket hu's....you just have to find the perfect unit, it took me a while before i found one that seemed to work with the leggy interior, i'm anal that way.........

Option 2: You could try swapping components from the 6CD radio into the 1CD radio. Not a very good chance that this will work, but no one has yet confirmed it doesn't.

Ok...I can confirm that it DOES NOT work. While testing my 1-disc version of my aux-input, I put a 6-disc changer(just the changer) into the 1-disc radio and it wouldn't work. It didn't have the required electronics to run the 6-discs...

Archived