LegacyGT.com

I had a similar situation except that it was a couch dropped from a truck, and the damage was around 2K. Commercial vehicle, he fled the scene, luckily someone got a plate. Turns out it was a landscaping truck, owner denied any knowledge, insurance company wouldn't do anything, cops wouldn't do anything, we got screwed. I was a schmuck and didn't sue them.

I'd get a lawyer if it happened again.

I totally forgot that this did actuallyhappen to me a few months ago. A truck lost an aluminum extension ladder off the back. I nailed it.

OB > Ladder

I couldn't and still can't find damage so i forgot about it

(Updated 8/22/17)

2005 Outback FMT

Running on Electrons

I was behind a pick-up truck who lost his camper shell while traveling on the freeway in the fast lane. There was a car directly in front of me that took the brunt of the impact, then launched it up in the air towards (at the time) my Audi S4. I reacted quickly enough to avoid hitting most of it (the shell barely grazed the passenger-side bumper). Both me and the driver of the car in front of me (who sustained a broken headlamp, dented bumper/hood, etc.) tried to get the pick-up to pull over to no avail. Took down the license plate, reported it, but I don't know if it ever got resolved (for the other driver)...

-Mike-

A friend of mine got behind a truck with cement blocks, one fell off and he hit it with his Mustang GT convertable. It wrecked the bell housing & Tranny and somehow blew the shifter up through the rag top, (thats the story he tells) I am skeptickle about the shifter through the roof but the car did have a new convertable top on it when he showed me and told me the story. The concrete company took care of it, I guess he got lucky for that and the fact that there were no injuries other than his nerves.

I was riding a Kamakaze skateboard once, and some idiot dropped a tiny pebble of sand, the thing took out my front truck, threw me over the nose, onto the street, I rolled about six times and walked away! Nary a scratch on me, but the board had a small indentation on the front left wheel.

So the bill is in $1994.65, insurance will cover all but the $250 deductable. Good news, but that $250 could have been put to better use, like more mods. Moral of the story, city work trucks suck @ss!

Archived