LegacyGT.com

Borla CBE installed w/out pixorz :{

LIZARD

Okay, first off...:needpics:

Now that that's outta the way, I wanted a CBE and didn't wanna go too loud as this is my DD. I listened to several diff. set-ups and deemed most to be too loud/tinny or ricey for my taste. I decided on the Borla but had reservations b/c most say it's too quiet. Well I put the system on the Gt on saturday aft. work with a dent on my forehead and a blood blister on my thumb being the only install-related injuries suffered.:icon_bigg My initial impressions- nice, deep- throaty(:icon_eek: ) tone, no droning for the 4 days it's been on- 'round town and 80-90mph highway driving. The Butt Dyno says more responsive when the right foot is rapidly- employed, overall it is a good match. In 2 weeks crucial UP, Cobb catted DP going on then flash to stgII. It will be louder which should put it at just about perfect.

Install by myself in the driveway took 2hrs. 10min.

happy,

nick.

Stage2.5376, TDC ProTune,blah blah blahhhh and....Alky/H20 injection :icon_mrgr

+1 on the borla man. I say it all the time around here. I love the sound. I hate that ricey tin can sound too. This thing sounds mean & tough. Not too loud or annoying at all. No droning either
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

+1 on the borla man. I say it all the time around here. I love the sound. I hate that ricey tin can sound too. This thing sounds mean & tough. Not too loud or annoying at all. No droning either

Yahh Man, love it! Not to mention $100's less than everything else + million mile warranty.:icon_bigg :icon_bigg Now I just need a digital camera for the rest of the install.

keep us posted as to the sound change after the up/dp install in 2 weeks. I have the crucial up/dp/HFC midpipe and am considering either the borla CBE or the AVO V2 axel back.

Yup, I'll keep you posted. I too was debating on the crucial up/dp/hfc mid w/AVO axel- backs, I decided on the Cobb Catted(meowrr:icon_twis )DP; a). Because I got it from another forum member NIB and for<$$, and 2. That DP goes 3" ->2.5" where it couples to the CBE. Borla is a 2.5" exhaust with the sound I wanted so 'twas EZ!:icon_bigg

I got an sti uppipe & crucial downpipe. Not too much of a noise difference. Defintely for the better. Still sounds tough, not much louder. You will be happy. Funny story. I had my car at the shop a few months ago & they were workin on this guy's modded wrx. They pulled my car out & the wrx guy's girlfriend started commenting on how much she liked my legacy. So we talking for a min or 2 & the guy was basically scoffing at my LGT like his wrx was the shit. Anyways, the mechanic takes it for a test drive around the block & the girl goes "whoa, that sounds pretty tough". I just smiled & her boyfriend, the wrx guy, grabs her arm & says "lets go". LOL. He got all pissy after he heard it. Sorry for the rant. Enjoy your new sounds.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

I had the borla on my car for a while and liked it. It wasn't loud enough for me though so I went with the Perrin which doesn't have the nice tips, but sounds the same as the borla, just louder.

2012 Forester XT. Stage 2+

Retired from Racing. I used to build FMIC and more.

:needpics:

I want the Booooorlaaaaaaaaa. Someone sell theirs to me used.

pm JSCspeed for low low shipped price.:icon_bigg

I got an sti uppipe & crucial downpipe. Not too much of a noise difference. Defintely for the better. Still sounds tough, not much louder. You will be happy. Funny story. I had my car at the shop a few months ago & they were workin on this guy's modded wrx. They pulled my car out & the wrx guy's girlfriend started commenting on how much she liked my legacy. So we talking for a min or 2 & the guy was basically scoffing at my LGT like his wrx was the shit. Anyways, the mechanic takes it for a test drive around the block & the girl goes "whoa, that sounds pretty tough". I just smiled & she grabs my arm & says "lets go". LOL. He got all pissy and cried like a baby. Sorry for the rant. Enjoy your new sounds.

Fixed!! :icon_twis:lol: :lol:

Fixed!! :icon_twis:lol: :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Yep, that's what I meant to say :icon_tong

• 4 weeks later...
I had the borla on my car for a while and liked it. It wasn't loud enough for me though so I went with the Perrin which doesn't have the nice tips, but sounds the same as the borla, just louder.

is there a in between? borla ---------Perrin? i think the perrin would be to loud for me going catless up/down stage 2

is there a in between? borla ---------Perrin? i think the perrin would be to loud for me going catless up/down stage 2

I believe some have said the AVO mufflers were "quieter" compared with the Perrins. The AVO's are fairly hefty in the $$ area but if you went in stages ie; mufflers then a Y-pipe, etc. it may not be that bad.:redface: For me the UP/DP/Borla is a perfect mix. Nice burble, not ricey/tinny, stealthy (no grapefruit-launcher-fart-can look). Maintains "sleeper" status.:icon_bigg

I believe some have said the AVO mufflers were "quieter" compared with the Perrins. The AVO's are fairly hefty in the $$ area but if you went in stages ie; mufflers then a Y-pipe, etc. it may not be that bad.:redface: For me the UP/DP/Borla is a perfect mix. Nice burble, not ricey/tinny, stealthy (no grapefruit-launcher-fart-can look). Maintains "sleeper" status.:icon_bigg

AWESOME!

Archived