LegacyGT.com

Installed the H-Techs today. Another +1

CasopoliS

The H-Techs are awesome in every way. The ride is wonderful, shifting is nicer, stays flat on hard turns. On rails.

Great pictures next to a stock suspension LGT on the way (via trabbic's great camera and oh-so-cool lenses).

Thanks trabbic for helping me with the install, letting me using your tools, purchasing breaker bars, etc, etc.... and the whole time you had a migrane. You rock.

I will also do a short write-up on the install with some important tips. We took our time and made 1 trip in the middle, so it took a while. When we lower his car, I would guess 2-3 hours done right and safe. It is very easy compared to some cars I have worked with.

Here are the pictures, the install was VERY straight forward. A breaker bar is a MUST HAVE. And air tools helped out a LOT also.

Just now starting to feel better, a 5 hour nap helps! :) I thought that air compressor was inside my brain trying to get out!!!

The car looks good, not too low. I was pretty impressed with the ride, not harsh at all, in fact over very small bumps it feels a little less harsh. My opinion is that if you didn't tell somebody that the car was lowered, they would never know. (Jon, did your wife figure it out yet?)

Don't worry CasopoliS, I am sure I will get you back....

PICT0016.JPG.f29ce5b0a15580ffad4538bfd7bc11a0.JPG

PICT0017.JPG.c2aa27a875ae3d5b2dbd894e1d7edf31.JPG

PICT0018.JPG.9053c6ea775705f5549acce4814b2eba.JPG

PICT0019.JPG.a83dbb5577fd00ef48f357dbced05e94.JPG

PICT0020.JPG.9cac7f97f405fa4297b98494addf54ee.JPG

PICT0021.JPG.76970e4015ea5f2af714c6a738e030c8.JPG

PICT0022.JPG.820d6216d0f9ae591b8a6cbcdf4016a0.JPG

Ok that just makes my car look really dirty! Man, your car is sooo clean! That Zaino is nuts.

Those pictures make it look slammed compared to your car.... but when just glancing at it, the commoner would probably not notice it. Any Subaru fan would though :). The mirrors show the true drop. I would say it is around 1" across the board.

I just tell my wife we are working on cars. I would tell her if she asked specifics, but she is afraid to ask. She does not want to know.

I put the Perrin filter in, which allows me to hear the recirculation better. I was excited tonight as I let off the gas just to hear the whoosh.... my wife on the other hand just thinks I am stupid for getting excited over the woosh. My LGT is going to start hearing those comments and turn OFF the passenger airbag when her exact weight is measured!!!!

Man, looks good & if the rides not that harsh I may go that route. problem is i prefer ground clearence in the winter time..... which we dont have much of as it is. so they would be on & off twice a year

yea that would suck. You don't want to take these off twice a year. I think you would be fine in the snow. Even people with the s-techs have driven in the snow without a problem. AWD will pull you through man!!

Man, looks good & if the rides not that harsh I may go that route. problem is i prefer ground clearence in the winter time..... which we dont have much of as it is. so they would be on & off twice a year

I think you would be fine in the snow, it is not THAT much lower, besides, if you are having trouble, just get snow tires... SPEND SPEND SPEND! :lol:

H-Techs are on the way for me, I am just waiting for my bank account to recuperate...

I know what you mean "about afraid to ask", my girlfriend says "What were you doing now? Wait, I don't want to know!"

I think you should be just fine, too, GTsleeper.

Even though you would ride a bit lower, an appx. 1 to 1.5 inch drop truly shouldn't cause us that much trouble in the snow we tend to get here in NE-Ohio. Certainly, in the snow-belt, this may be more cause for concern, but with AWD paired with at least a good set of all-seasons (if not outright dedicated winter treads), you should truly never get stuck.

Even with such a small drop, we still have a good deal of ground-clearance left.....

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

^ Edited - damn, forget I said that - after all, friends are here to help friends spend money, right, bro? ;)

You must have coil-overs. Must. :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

^ ROFL! :lol:

Hey, the brakes are yours, though! :)

Archived