LegacyGT.com

There's a Borla exhaust for the Legacy GT!!

Driver72

[quote name='Driver72'][quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='jedimaster'][quote name='Driver72']I don't know about much cheaper. I went to the Borla website and they had cat back systems that were running $900. Some were as low as $600 but then considering installation....Obviously they wouldn't price it at exactly what it cost them, they did it to make money. I figure they added $200-250 onto what it cost them. But, like what has already been said, the stock LGT exhaust is probably as good as you are going to get without an intake and retune of the ECU. Without that, you probably won't get more than 1 hp gain from the aftermarket pipe. And it's VERY possible you could LOSE some power in certain areas of the rpm range, unless Borla (and other aftermarket makers) really did their homework. I've seen this in many dyno tests of aftermarket pipes. They'll advertise and rave about a 5-6 hp increase. But that's PEAK increase, even if it's in just ONE area of the rpm range, but you could lose 1-3 hp in many other areas of the rpm range, so it may not be worth it. I agree, unless you can see a dyno plot that show it consistently give more power throughout the rpm range, if you just want a more sporty exhaust sound, but change the mufflers and tips! That shouldn't cost more than $300 or so.[/quote] Agreed, but I'll bet changing the mufflers will cost more than 300.[/quote] Attach straight pipes where the mufflers should attach and put the stock tips on that. Nice sound with minimal money while still achieving that stock look. :twisted:[/quote] That might make it a bit too loud though. Not sure. Or another way too, swap out the stock mufflers for the Borla or similiar and attach the stock tips to those mufflers. Would keep the stock look, but add an aggressive sound.[/quote] It's actually not loud at all if you listen to my sound clip. The stock resonator is HUGE and easily makes up for the mufflers...

Guest *Jedimaster*
[quote name='Drift Monkey'][quote name='jedimaster']Yup- I could drive around with the mufflers off and not be bothered by it- and mines a wagon![/quote] I'll do it if you do it.... :P[/quote] You hang up first!!!1

• 5 weeks later...
Well I saw a Borla equiped LGT also @ the dealer selling it for $995, I looked underneath and it looks like the only change was from where it Y's out and then goes to a set of borla mufflers....they claimed that borla had put it in. I had them fire it up so I could hear it and it had a nice deep rumble @ idle, he revved it a couple of times and it wasn't by any means real loud, the Stock STI exhaust is still louder. I just got my LGT tuesday, and I am going to have some muffler delete pipes made saturday time permitting. That should dump some restriction and I am sure it's not going to be very loud, 2 huge cats after the turbo, small pipe, resonator, into a dual exit.

Archived