LegacyGT.com

fwd fuse!!!!!!!

legacy95

I dont know what to tell you. You cant magically make the car go any faster. Its a wagon, which slows it down and the EJ22 was designed to be economical and very reliable, but not fast. Swap to an EJ25 and you will note the power increase. Running it in FWD wont really help you.

well i bought it used then found out it had blown headgasket fixed it my self then had misfiring pistions fixed that then took it in for inspection and had cracked y pipe so fixed that with borla headers oh and had to replace water pump and whil all of that was going on on my dads truck had destryoed manafold gasket, starter, water pump and powersteering pump and tore a belt witch took took somthing else out and jsut got that from a junk yard still to be put in and all of this took place during the cold months january and febuaruy inside a tiny 1 car garage...but all is well now and hope it stays that way

since we are on the racing subject when i raced the lumina a few times and my best time was 16.0///but when i was up against an 05 legacy gt i ran a 16.1 and he ran a 15.4...arent they faster than that...cuz i had him all the way till half way then his turbo finally spooled up and he took off

I thought LGTs were more like 14.5, not 15.4.

Officially, my GA does the 1/4 in 15.5, 0-60 in 7.7. Same 3.4L engine as the Impala, though my tranny is probably geared a little lower.

Friends don't let friends drink cheap beer.

• 3 weeks later...
if i put in the fuse so i only have front wheel drive and i drove the car would that hurt it?

I have a 92 legacy that some one put a toggel switch on the FWD circut so you can switch it from AWD to front wheel on the fly. The car was beat to hell when I got it and I have been beating the crap out of it for four years now. I never noticed that the car was any faster in front wheel but it sure will bake em at least through second. Any ways my four wheel just quit working last winter, I think its something electrical, but the car has been through so much I dont blame it for quitting. Now im stuck with a front wheel P.O.S. I say take the fuse out and burn some rubber, but thats just me.:icon_bigg

I have a 92 legacy that some one put a toggel switch on the FWD circut so you can switch it from AWD to front wheel on the fly. The car was beat to hell when I got it and I have been beating the crap out of it for four years now. I never noticed that the car was any faster in front wheel but it sure will bake em at least through second. Any ways my four wheel just quit working last winter, I think its something electrical, but the car has been through so much I dont blame it for quitting. Now im stuck with a front wheel P.O.S. I say take the fuse out and burn some rubber, but thats just me.:icon_bigg

your awd probably broke because of the toggling FWD :lol:

I was always told that this did not take effect untill the car was shut off and restarted with the fuse in place and vice versa when it is removed. It is not an "on the fly" change. This info comes straight from the dealer (also in the manual I believe). Unless they rigged more than just the fuse circuit.

Archived