LegacyGT.com

Tail light mod

GTTuner

BTW.....I absolutly meant no disrespect about the oil change thing. I was amused by it because it reminded me of my brother. The guy is freaking brilliant, has his own software company, but couldn't open a garage door with supervision! LOL

^ NP. :) I thought you were a bit tongue-in-cheek on that one to begin with. :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 4 weeks later...
I was following my wife in the GT and I was noticing the lack of lighting from the back of the car at night. The upper bulb is only used for turn signals, and the lower part is for stop and tail.

So, I took the turn signal bulbs out and replaced them with the same bulb in the stop lamp. Then I just added two wires to each connector and tapped into the tail lamps. Now the whole rear lamp assembly lights up as running lights, and the rest work as before. WHat a difference in both visibility and appearance. Probably the best ten dollar mod I ever did!!!!!!!!

Im hooked now, i'm going to try to convert the whole rear lighting over to LED's. If anyone has stock tail lamps assemblys for an 05 LGT sedan, I'd be interested in buying them.

I replaced my stock tails ('06 Spec.B) with JDM's because I wanted the amber turn signals. I'm pretty sure the 05 and 06 USDM tails are identical. I can sell you the original tails if you want them. Let me know.

• 6 years later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...

Archived