LegacyGT.com

I got gas

The places that have petrol reserves get the worst gas ! I do not really know... I think whatever this Cobb Accessport is...I think it has a setting for California 91 octane gas. I think your 90 octane is as bad as the California premium.

RW Miller...I would not be concerned about the 90 Octane. I have a LegacyGT

(Turbo) and had a 04 Forrester XT and have used the mid-range 89 Octane

along with 3-4 past Caddy's and a Mercedes Benz. Have NEVER heard them

ping or any bad symptoms. I have spoke with many who use Reg 87 oct.

figuring the knock sensor will retard the timing IF it happens. I don't want to go

that route-so will stay with 89 oct..

Luck Deadeye

Was in Kodiak for 3 yrs.--Loved it

Another new Subaru owner in Anchorage, sweet!

There are quite a few of us from Anchorage lurking about.

To answer your question, 90 octane at the local fueling stations (Tesoro, Carrs, Holiday, Chevron, Shell, etc.) is fine. They're all refined locally using local oil and they're all the same.

If you're looking for a few more ponies, get some octane booster. The GT gets an extra sense of urgency in the turbo range.

Anyone else here from Anchorage, Alaska? Second question, The max octane gas up here is 90. Subaru calls for 91, do i need to worry? What if i do a stage 1 or 2?

does alaska use the same calculation method as other places?

"i like my women the way i like terrorists...

...screaming gods name and ready to explode."

http://img255.imageshack.us/img255/5479/troy3nu5.jpg

Yes. Same calculation as other places. It's nearly the same formulation as other places there just isn't much demand for anything above 90-octane. Turbo engines from Subaru, Audi and the new MazdaSpeed 6 all work fine with 90 octane.

The big difference, as I can tell, is that Alaska refineries use heavy crude instead of light/ sweet oil that mostly used in the lower-48.

Archived